aaa Nasty A5000 bug - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Nasty A5000 bug

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Apr-00  @  03:36 PM   -   Nasty A5000 bug

swampman

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just reporting on a nasty bug that happened to me tonight. I was copying the real drum CD that comes with the sampler to a 8 gb EIDE harddrive. After a while the sampler puked out "disk is full or to many itmes" or something like that. To many items? What? I mean an ordinary file system doesnt run out of items, it runs out of diskspace! But here is the bad thing: The partition i copied to is empty and renamed! This isnt the only bug ive found out. Sometimes during copy from CD to HD it just hangs.

I just HATE the Yamaha filesystem!!!
Why the F**K cant they use a filesystem like DOS where the limit isnt 1 gb and where home PC users can copy files A5000 <-> PC without to much fuzz???

I just HATE the file system!

Nice getting that out of my chest...

/SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/34             29-Apr-00  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

prw

So I just picked up an A4K, and have just run into the same problem when copying stuff from CD to my internal 5.8 GB hard drive. I got a "too full" error and then womp, the partition was suddenly empty and renamed. So what I'm wondering is, is there a recommended partition size to use that will make this less likely to happen? Right now I have six 1 GB partitions, but obviously that isn't the best idea. How small do they need to be?

(oh, and despite this problem, the a4k is a kickass sampler)

Message 22/34             01-May-00  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

SwampMan

I went with a 100 MB zip drive. Its a easy way to get backup too.

There arent any recommended sizes though. It all depends on the sizes of your samples. Look at my earlier post in this thread (13-Apr-00)

/SwampMan

Message 23/34             02-May-00  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

Jasper

this is sort of a sideline on what k said, I just been on the course from work called 'cashmax' apparently most american companies work by it's rules which is why they've been getting richer and richer just lately.. the jist is you hold onto cash for as long as possible so you get the benefit (like banks)... to collect money USA have a 25-30 day pay policy while Japan mostly have 90-120 day.. so you can see who has cash the longest.

my point is Japan companies will HAVE to work more like USA companies if they want to stay in business.

so with more companies ending up as corporate cash laundering services maybe to customer care stuff is going out of fashion also...

unfortunately like anything the only way they listen is when people stop buying stuff, and in reality this aint going to happen (lookat the akai s6000).

so we'll just have to grin and bear it.

Message 24/34             04-May-00  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

jj

Jasper, I'm very interested, just can't understand a word you said about cash max, would you like to try to expain again? I'm really curious.

Message 25/34             14-May-00  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

rs09

Swampman is an arsebandit..

The yamaha Aseries samplers are the best in the world( they kill all EMU and especially Akai samplers)

Dont let this fool put you off!

Message 26/34             14-May-00  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

r-tek

ummmm.......the emus, kurzes and maybe even the akais can do some things that the Yams simply cant do and vice-versa. Saying that the Yams r the best in the world is ridiculous. 2 make a statement like that, you`d need 2 have spent a good few years with a Kurzweil and at least one year with an emu b4 you`d b qualified 2 speak with such "authority".

Message 27/34             14-May-00  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

klondike

Here's a question for all you A4000/A5000 (and maybe A3000) users. How does one find out how many samples are being stored in a partition? Aside from manuall counting them, that is. Is there a 'summary' screen one can get to somewhere?

Message 28/34             15-May-00  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

k

well, i chatted with my A3000 owning mate - he added a ZIP drive, and has had NO problems since then, so maybe the yammies like 1gb drives max cos of their fat system or something?.. maybe that is the answer, it doesnt like big drives .. ??

Message 29/34             16-May-00  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

SwampMan

Constructive mail rs09!

I know I'm a fool... but how did you see through me?

/SwampMan

Message 30/34             16-May-00  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

Jasper

there's plusses and minus's in all samplers.. I have a few problems with some areas of the a3000 which I'm really pissed off with.. like the modulation... why the feck doesn't the lfo freeform when not re-triggering it???? yamaha say it's a feature that the sample lfo triggers from a rnd point in the waveform every time the sample is triggered (a fucking feature!!!). even though there is allready a rnd waveform to do this... HA!!! it's a fucking BUG is what it is.

right it get's real boring here, blame jj.

cashmax -
if a company buys and sells goods (which most companies do) it makes sense that to maximise there money in the bank they should

1) collect money sooner than their competitorts and

2) pay later than their competitors

this means that they are maximising the amount of cash in the bank... this is the money that investors see and hence goes to show how mutch the company is worth..

the best example is DELL computers... they force everyone to buy with credit cards and bulk buying has something like 7 days to pay... however they will not pay anyone else for 90 days.. they have a ridiculous worth compared to comparable companies.

realisticly these companies are not really worth the amount they look like they are... but as far as investors are concerned it doesn't matter.. they still LOOK better and are abviously better at business than their competitors (because they use cashmax).

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)