aaa Cool Basslines - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Cool Basslines

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 21-Aug-98  @  08:59 PM   -   Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Does anyone have any cool famous basslines to share?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/43             10-Sep-98  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

k_tracid

Can Ya GuYs pLeAsE SeNd me SoMe oF ThE 303 LiNeS yA ReCreate ???

ThAnX

KaI

P.S. I made a cool eXel file to save your line down to paper ! DOes SoMeOnE WaNt It ??

Message 22/43             17-Sep-98  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

buggo

weird...the first thing i did after getting Rebirth was to try and redo "da funk"...actually i did the whole song...i managed to get the main hookline to sound decent in rebirth too. (not dead-on but sounds very cool in its own right!) but i can't play 'em at the same time because you can only have distortion on 1 303 at a time...grr...

Message 23/43             18-Sep-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

ce;ltic drea;m

try this......make a 303 line on rebirth,then right the notes out on paper,I dont know notes so I made up my own way to right them down,then hop on your synth and play the notes one at a time with the tempo slowed down and quantize the notes to 1/16 notes.....this will allow you to make 303 style synth lines using other synth's sounds

Message 24/43             18-Sep-98  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

CD

this takes awile but its affective...

Message 25/43             19-Sep-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

Thats exactly what I do. I write the patterns down on paper. I just write the note, up or down, accent, etc. Its safer to do that so you never have to worry about losing a song.

Message 26/43             19-Sep-98  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

celtic dream

right on.....do you type the 303 notes into other synths,too?I recently started making lines on rebith and righting them down,then I write them in my JP.

Message 27/43             19-Sep-98  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

Richie

Have you guys tried SEQ-303 by Techno Toys?

It's a little sequencer type thang, dead simple to use. Creates sequences for notes/velocity/all controlers / NRPN's for AWE cards etc. Output on any driver / midi out

I just get my BassStation going then hit the random button for things like Notes/velocity/filter/resonance (they are all on separate pages so you can edit them if you want)

I just sit down and create about 20 different 1 and 2 bar patterns then I'll export them to a midi file and try the sequences out on different keyboards etc.

Best thing is you can try it completely free for a month fully functional..

http://www.technotoys.com/

Plus they have some other odds and ends that are geared towards the old analogue sequencer style of doing things..

Message 28/43             19-Sep-98  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

I have Seq 303 but never used it. I dont have a midi interface so I cant hook up my hardware to my computer. It is very simple though. I downloaded it about six months ago and its never stopped. I dont think it ever expires, unless they changed it. I havent been to the site in six months so I dont know.

...and no, I dont type the 303 notes into another synth. The only keyboard I have is an Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler and a Novation Bass Station. It does sound like a dope idea though. I guess I could though by running my Bass Station though my ASR. Ill have to give it a try.

Message 29/43             21-Sep-98  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Errrr.....returning to the original purpose of why I created this subject...

Anyone have any cool basslines to share? (Preferably famous ones...)

Message 30/43             24-Sep-98  @  05:52 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

What i do is just write out 16 cricle & darken in the ones i want to input a note on. Then go to the 303 & decide there what notes to put in. Then listen to it. If it sounds cool, then input accents & slides. Then go back to paper & write down the notes under the circles & put a u or d to see if it's up or down. it works pretty good. And you have your patterns writen down incase you loose the patterns in the 303.
-Larry

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)