aaa Groove Approved - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Groove Approved

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 18-Feb-99  @  04:46 AM   -   Groove Approved

confusionrecords

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok, well my definition of a groove approved product.
"groove approved"-A "raver's" machine for producing cheezy dance music, a waste of metal and wires, designed for a bunch of kids who "don't know", a too easy to program drum machine/synth,ok, I'd better stop cause I won't if I don't force myself too.

And for those who think it's "cool" or "awsome" your obviously a stupid raver kid. ok, so let's see. When is the last time you saw this? "Richie Hawtin- decks, efx, and a MC-303"??? Hmmm, uh......never. When will you ever see this? "Jeff Mills- decks, MC-505"??? hmmm, never? Uh yeah, I think so. So it comes down to this, if you own, plan to own, or actually like these stupid machines, you're obviously a very lost child. And feel happy to rip on me and try and back up the "groove approved" shit, cause I don't give a fucking shit about anyone who likes anything that's "groove approved". And for those who know, please teach others, cause if this is the future, count me out of it, and plan for techno/house/jungle/anything to take a seriouse downfall from a bunch of shitty ass "groove approved" made records siting in a record store for about 50 years.
Well, later and fuck anything "groove oriented" by roland.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/40             24-Feb-99  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

I dont know...Id like to battle your Prophecy with my 777. Its pure analoq so I bet the bass on it will make your Prophecy unplug, pack up and go home. But, I don't know for sure cause I've never used a prophecy, even though I hear that they are pretty dope.

Opinions...what do you think people, will the 777 blow away the Prophecy?

ReZo-99

Message 22/40             24-Feb-99  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

aprophecyfan

No way pedro,
The Korg would beat the 777 hands down and thats a fact! I don't know why everyone is of the impression that digital is dead and analog is king, now i LOVE analog synths, hell I've got enough of the bastards, but FM synthesis is capable of much heavier nastier sounds than analog, like rumbling sub basses and fierce metallic twangs which most analogs could never dream of producing. But it doesn't end there, analog is much better for organic, fluid, trippy and liquidescent sounds, thats why anyone who really knows their shit has both digital and analog. The prophecy can do FM, analog and much more, on my prophecy I've programmed a kick drum which makes the 909 kick sound like a ant farting by comparison. It may also surprise you to know that I have used a 777 and, while it is good, a minimoog it aint! I would say its closer to a korg monopoly or perhaps a moog prodigy. Also I would defy anyone to tell a well programmed prophecy from a real 303, just for your info Ive had about 35 tracks released on various labels around the world and I've been writing techno for 11 years.

Message 23/40             24-Feb-99  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

Hey! Hey! Hey! No need to jump in my shit...I was just asking ;-) I was just expressing how much I love the deep bass on my 777. Im going to buy another synth and I was just curious. I want something with pure power, no sissy synths. Ive heard all positive opinions about the Prophecy and I think Im going to check one out. Happy now? = )

Hey Pedicelli, do you have ICQ? Look me up 16324832.

ReZo-99

Message 24/40             24-Feb-99  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

The TB will blow away all that shit. The tb can go so deep that you can't hear it, just feel it. The speakers just fart. They just wobble back and forth slowely, making a lot of wind. It's insane! So the TB wins hands down, no questions.

Message 25/40             24-Feb-99  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Nobodys asking about the TB.

Message 26/40             24-Feb-99  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

TB deep bass? You must be mistaken, the TB is probably one of the best synths around but IT DEFINATELY DOES NOT DO DEEP BASS! If your really think so then your experience with synths must be somewhat limited, as anyone knows that even a humble SH101 can out sub a TB.
Ive owned 5 TBs over the past 10 years and I can tell you that a Prophecy would chew it up and spit it out, as would a waldorf pulse, a 101, a minimoog and numerous others.
If on the other hand your talking about trippy razor sharp acid then the TB is king, but only because its such an established sound. Do yourself a favour and get the Real world interfaces Devilfish mod done on your TB, then come back and tell me about your deep bass! It fucking kicks. Peace out ;-)

Message 27/40             24-Feb-99  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

cyborg0

Naw, the 777 IS FULLY capable of large low bass, thank you... AND, its also capable of tin can shredding liquid mercury acid..
The 909 kik is weak compared to some of the things that have graced my speakers since ive had it..
As far as compared to a minimoog, sure, the minimoogs FILTERS are capable of better bass, but the actual sound is just as low..
A PRODIGY? Jeezus, gimme a break...
Im working on an extra filter/VCA module ala cem3389 which will basically get you another complete synth within the 777.. There will be some amazing things occurring real soon...

Rob

Message 28/40             25-Feb-99  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

fuck that!!!! If you go inside and adjust the rezistor, fuck I forget what one it was.......but crank it all the way to the right, and the tb goes so fucking deep you can't hear it. I fucking swear, I couldn't even hear the fucker, just felt a rumble in my basement. Like a slow viberating. I don't know what kinda tb you used, but mine will break my mom's china within a few seconds. I could stop you're heart with this fucker. Maybe get it to an 8 on the ricter scale too!

Message 29/40             25-Feb-99  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Curtis chips are ok, but at the expense of sounding like a geek, go for a transistor ladder design on your VCF, think about it, whats the common denominator of 2 of the worlds most desirable/popular synths? (TB303 & Minimoog) Thats right ladder filters! Also I think you may have judged the moog prodigy a little to harshly, its no disgrace for the 777 to be compared to one coz basically it kicks ass! Later.

Message 30/40             26-Feb-99  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Yo, APROPHECYFAN, can you please send me that 909 patch you made!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)