aaa Real 303 / sequencer clone - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  06:26 PM   -   Real 303 / sequencer clone

trevor

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi folks. I am a builder of several TB303 clones, and I've designed several commercial midi/cv units and sequencer designs.

My next project is a new 303 clone. Unlike existing clones, it will use the original 303 circuitry. So being more than just a clone, it will be a REAL 303. In addition, I will be cloning the sequencer itself to the exact specs of the original. The case will be just larger than the original 303 box, with a very similar control layout.

This unit will eventually be available for sale. I will build a few and sell them if anyone is interested.

My question is, if I were to make the *perfect* 303 clone, what extras should it have?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/63             14-Feb-00  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

qwwe

Link?:  No link

Hasn't this been done already, as in 777.

Message 22/63             15-Feb-00  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

trev

skot_e and Shredded303, many thanks for being intellegent enough to provide me with some very useful input.

Please keep checking my website - or if both of you would like more info on this unique project as it becomes available, let me have your email addresses.

Trev

Message 23/63             15-Feb-00  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

chim chim

Trev,

I would like to cum over and discuss the 303 project with you sweetheart. Will you be my valentine?

ohhhh right there Trevor

Message 24/63             16-Feb-00  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Trev

No thanks, mate. I am not that way inclined. And unlike some people around here, I do actually have a girlfriend. And a life.

And don't try to insult my intelligence. You have made yourself look stupid enough as it is.

Message 25/63             16-Feb-00  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

brainlessdevil

keep me informed as well please. remember, i want 2 kits, maybe 3...

Message 26/63             16-Feb-00  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

on my chimmy chim chim

Ohhh thats it Trevor, right there!

Message 27/63             17-Feb-00  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

909INC.

I like how its possible to transpose the patterns up an octave when the pattern is playing, but when you switch patterns, the pattern resets itself to low c. It would be cool to implement some "pattern transpose memory" so when you go back to the pattern it will be in whatever key it was left in before.
The other way around this would be to include some kind of a switch that lets you transpose patterns a octave "down"... So maybe a three position swich, one, for normal function, two, for "pattern transpose memory" and three "ovtave down" mode.
The tr 606 remembers which time signature the pattern was made, maybe look at how that works.
Its an idea.. Hope its helpful. 909inc.

Message 28/63             17-Feb-00  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Chimmicelli

you suck 909inc

Message 29/63             17-Feb-00  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

trevor

Link?:  Link

Thanx 909inc, nice ideas there- I shall implement those, most likely.

I'll probably have a 'shift' key, and, when you hold this down with certain note buttons, you perform transpose, randomise, and rotate actions and so on. If there's any other unusual pattern manipulation functions anyone can suggest, I'll have a go.

Cheers, Trev

Message 30/63             17-Feb-00  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Atsushi Hoshiai

you suck Chimmicelli dude!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 63 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)