aaa Transposing Problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Transposing Problem

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Apr-00  @  08:38 PM   -   Transposing Problem

pedicelli

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

After four freaking years, I finally got my TB-303...mint condition and all. Anyways...

I've got a little problem...when I make a pattern and play it back, it sometimes plays the pattern but transposed a few notes from what I originally made it. Can anyone explain this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/32             10-Apr-00  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

Maarten

(22)Paid 1800 Dutch guilders (about$850)
for it and won't sell it , even over my dead body! See , price doesn't matter that much no more if you're determined to have THAT real sound,and knowing that chances are you keep it for the rest of your life.Anyone want to purchase a $5000 car (1995) which probably has a life-span to 2003?
Heads-up.

-M-

Message 22/32             11-Apr-00  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

trevor

By the way, was there really only 20000 made? When you consider that only a fraction of that number will be around after so long, it seems remarkable that I managed to get one in the first place!

Message 23/32             11-Apr-00  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

Maarten

We're a bunch of lucky bastards !  

Message 24/32             11-Apr-00  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

i3k

Link?:  No link

I have read that 20,000 TR606s were produced and that the TB303 was not nearly as popular, with estimates as low as 2000 units worldwide. I think I read it in an American mag a few years back, also the 808 sold about 30,000 units and the 909 11,000 units. I may have these figures wrong or mixed up but I definately remember that the 303 was MUCH rarer than it's drum machine counterparts and that the 909 is much rarer than the 808 and 606 due to bad timing of it's release (to late). I think it was in Keyboard magazine that I read it  

Message 25/32             11-Apr-00  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

Link?: Link

Yes we are!!!
And there were just about 10000 TR-909's made!!! So people hurry up and get one of the last ones till they're gone. LOL

Message 26/32             11-Apr-00  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

ooops someone faster than me w/ the 909 :-)

Message 27/32             16-Apr-00  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

trevor

Hey R@F -

Here's the website of someone else who has already completed a combined 808 and 909 clone. He's helped me by giving me the original ROM images for the cymbal / hihat sounds for the 909 circuits.

Actually I think it was on a different thread that we were talking about this, but never mind... ;-)

http://www.octavo.demon.co.uk/colinf/home.htm

Cheers, Trev

Message 28/32             16-Apr-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

Yeah Colin is a member of the synth DIY too. Did you ask him about the 2SD1469's??
Did you see his nice small Midi2DinSync converter? Looks very interesting! I'm currently searching for someone who has a PIC-programmer.

CYa
R@F

Message 29/32             17-Apr-00  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

trevor

I can program the PIC for you if you like. PICs are my speciality. I designed the firmware for a number of midi/cv converters, including the midiDAC and the midi/cv converter embedded in the forthcoming TB3030M from Oakley Sound Systems. I'll probably design a similar converter for myself after the easter hols for my tb303.

Yeah we did discuss the 1469's. I think that, just like yourself, he's experimenting with equivalents.

Cheers,

Trev

Message 30/32             19-Apr-00  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

I'm amazed! Trev you seem to be an allround hardware freak   My skills are limited to pure analog stuff. I thought of getting into microcontrollers but then I always prefer to use my spare time for producing, hehe.
So what's your price for a programmed 12C508?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)