aaa trouble with my new syntechno - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: trouble with my new syntechno

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  09:59 PM   -   trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

just arrive today, and the power light is out. It plays, but the cutoff know makes filter distorion noise when the fdecay is applied at any level. It is a very noticble zipery crackle if you try and tweek the cutoff when any amount of decay is applied. Do you think is my unit or is that charaacteristic of these units. I can't hear this present in their demos , so i think this unit is ground bad or something. I tried changing power supplies but to no avail. I think i am going to have to return it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/39             22-Jul-01  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

then i will have hime send me the other unit, or find a used one. when did you get rid of yours, or was it a loner from Robbie?

Message 22/39             23-Jul-01  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

Link?: Link

loaner - i sent it back last year... very good tho i wish I could have afforded to keep it cos it was a huge sound.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/39             24-Jul-01  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

I am confused because Robbie listened to the same sample, And i said do you hear the "zippery crackle" and he replied they all do that? Was the zipper comment confusing? I still don't know if i am getting a refund or the other unit Jupiter Sound has left. He hasn't returned my e-mail, and I show that the defective unit was delivered back today. I really want that huge sound as well.

Message 24/39             24-Jul-01  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Talked with Nathan at Jupiter Sound, and he is going to listen to the one i sent and the one that he has left and compare them.If the other unit is fine, he is going to send it tofday or in the morning. He and Robbie have been great to deal with with.

Message 25/39             24-Jul-01  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

like I said check the front panel screw adjsuter which overdrives the teebee filter. But i dont remember it doing that honestly..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/39             25-Jul-01  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  No link

I turned it down, and it made no change. Now Nathan is trying to reproduce the crackle using an electribe and a controler running it into his home stereo, and he says he can't hear it. I sent hime instructions and the mp3. I should have never said "zipper" and just said crackle. Do you think there is a possibility that they all crackle when the cut off knob is turned when the envelop is all the way down , res up, and decay up and you play a sustained note. You really can only hear it clearly when a note is sustained. But I could also hear it when i turned the knob fast during a riff. The 777 uses an analog potentiometer, maybe Rob should of too, and then send the cv in to the filter for external control of the cutoff.

Message 27/39             25-Jul-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  No link

Robbie still attests that the cutoff noise is normal, but Nathan just sent me this

"Hi Brett.
I got your phone message as well. I see what you mean. There is definitely more going on there than the normal sound of the cutoff. I will ship out the other unit to you today.

Thanks again,
Nathan"

Thanks God I can finally do some damn 303 lines without using Rebirth and then importing into Sonar. The ring mod on the Teebee cool too. I will buy a real 303 for the sake of nastalgia some day soon when I have a real job. But for now at least I will be able to pull it off and take it to shows. Can you export sequece Data from Rebirth as midi?

Message 28/39             31-Jul-01  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

got the new one. It is flawless.No cutoff noise. This is great. and , Nathan at Jupiter Sound reimbursed my for the return shipping. what a guy.

Message 29/39             01-Aug-01  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

there ya go - told you it was weird

Message 30/39             02-Aug-01  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

I turned the potentiometer up to increase the filter agresovness, and youccan hear very, and I mean very, sublte crackle. I think the other unit had a bad potentiometer, because when i tried to adjust it it made no change in the sound. this one works great. You can really hear the diferance in the character that turning that thing up makes. I have been overdriving it by cranking up the input knob on my mixer and running a limiter on that channel. Not analog distortion, but it sounds as good as rebirth. I am getting a bass micro-synth soon too. I can't wait to run this and some of my other stuff through that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)