aaa What about my work guys? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: What about my work guys?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 05-Aug-01  @  04:03 AM   -   What about my work guys?

spyro

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just entered the competition and want to hear some opinions about my work.

I really miss a better quality on the uploads but...that's the world.

Some words about it K? Can you let us to upload a bigger files only during the contest?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/31             11-Aug-01  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

spyro

Link?: Link

Sorry k, but if you read my profile I said that I'm setting up an mp3.com page to listen to my tunes, I'm curretly waiting for the approval from them, this URL is to see other things, my BIO and some songs/stuff in the d/l section, take your time dude, if you're on a paleolitical slow modem bad luck coz my page is 1mb size but it worth the size.

Anyway! if you want to bypass the site and go to the d/l section directly go ahead!

http://orbita.starmedia.com/spyromusic/down

You will find some interesting stuff there, songs, Reaktor Ensembles and sounfonts mad by me, check out "Virtual Trip" ensemble.

In the other hand my position about the size of the tracks here is ONLY to make the things better for all ppl and the contest.

Message 22/31             11-Aug-01  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

anyone interested in my take on it??  

the hi-res files are great for experiencing the music.. i'm implying that music is.. imagine it as a tonic.. can have great healing force, carry knowledge, et c.. you know.. the difference that music makes in our life..

..which might be a hard concept to associate with a 'dance' tune, but this is how i'm playing it..

..now if you listen to todd rundgren's "born to synthesize," you can pretty much bet that if all things are merely made from plusses and minuses he holds in his hands and he concerns himself with the motion of spheres and obelisks, he's probably experienced enough that he doesn't need to see the obelisk to know where it is, because coordinates are a more condensed way of handling the same information..

...now at 31, i can get bored of music.. to me, it's an application. a way to affect others. sure, i can still experience and enjoy listening, but i sure as hell can't get into the space where the sounds are so remotely beyond my ken that my soul is completely under it's control..because i am the controller.. bleeps, bloops? got 'em.. done 'em.. spent 5 years in a bathtub with a wah pedal and a 20 watt peavey bass amp..

...when an experienced author reads a book, their experience is vastly different from a person who has never considered literary technique.. the movement of allusion or whatever structures..

it's something that shouldn't be said.. because just about every young musician has something in their music they want to have heard.. and it's a tough thing to be told, but..

..at least where my experience is leading, i suspect it may be generally true to say, but i don't need to EXPERIENCE the music to see what's happening.

sounds wrong, doesn't it..

what's this? a panning crow sound? aah.. i can't hear all the frequencies, so it doesn't pierce me with the realism of crows, but here in my alchemist's case i have essence of crow sealed away.. (liked that part, but bit too loud for my ears   just using a couple of bird samples in ogb track 'hooked on kronik..'

Message 23/31             12-Aug-01  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

Killer Tomato

Fuck u 'K' r u the moderator, mods need to have head and a heart and they have to know how to make evryone comfortable,how the hell did u become the moderator unless u made the site or did pimp it up.
Some one coming to the site and yr forum and asking feedback ....man u should be thankful, or u gonna make it a desert.
shit u think quality doesnt matter, I wanna see u compose with 56k mono samples. I doubt if yr a musician or any techhead.And I think anyone supporting u has gotta be a fool,btw 'Xoxos' u dont make any sense, go and make some music for a change.I was gonna give u a shitty remark on yr website,but who am I right??... yess u are right and U I ask u and K who the ing hell do u think u are Ive seen better boards than these.Grow up dude or u gonna kill this place.if its not for music why the hell did u set up this place to show yr ass or somethin.

*damn... ppl need to grow up inside here any one got a feeding bottle hehe give it to them*

kk

Message 24/31             12-Aug-01  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

spyro

Hey! Hey! No no! I just wanted some feedback and this become a huge fight, stop it!

Damn!!

Message 25/31             12-Aug-01  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

fight? you mean that guy there nobody's listening to??  

Message 26/31             12-Aug-01  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

wait.. what is that supposed to mean? "shitty remark on your website.." what the fuck are you trying to say? i'll shank you, motherfucker, you're so fucking dead, i kill you.

Message 27/31             15-Aug-01  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

Matias Monteagudo spyro

mp3.com account ready!!!

Message 28/31             15-Aug-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

roller8

Well, at least this thread led to some cool music biz advice and interesting perspectives on presentation.  

Message 29/31             16-Aug-01  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

play all files, lo fi play (dial-up)

generación mp3 - thinking this is just as happening as dance tracks i heard on british radio last may. long break @ 4 mins - expected something big there, but you outro'ed it..

junglist - you mellow.. like the lead + the analog sounds..

preludio - appreciated (check 'chablis')

lost feed 1/2way thru good vibes.. all the tracks have a similar vibe in them, like your style is 'gelling.' heard someone say once that once your tracks all sort of have the same vibe or sound that it's ready.. dunno if that's true but it sounds like you're on top of a pleasant full-length disc. at least for listening, there's a good sense of chill flow.

Message 30/31             16-Aug-01  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

i'll take one of those full-lengths too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)