aaa All I ever hear... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: All I ever hear...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-01  @  04:21 PM   -   All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...is people talking about the uQ. What the fuck? That's the entry level piece now. Nobody ever talks about their MW1 or XTK or Q here anymore. What happened? Did you all figure out every bit of those tools? If so, you folks are all way tougher than I am, cuz I'm still discovering stuff about all of my pieces and some I've had for ten years or more. I still love my Q and my MW1. Dope ass live pieces.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/39             03-Oct-01  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Yup still loving my XT. Learn something new every day. Don't know if I can quantify it... Such a lovely sound. Such a lovely piece. Does so much more than I can get it to do...

Message 22/39             03-Oct-01  @  06:33 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Def, that counts.  

Message 23/39             04-Oct-01  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Mr_44

Link?:  No link

I have a Q rack. Just don't have much to say about it  
In fact, the time i'm spending typing this could be spent using it... (whee!)

Message 24/39             10-Oct-01  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Defector Z

Off to make some weird noises simply because I want to...

Message 25/39             20-Oct-01  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

xoxos

hope you don't mind me busting in on your disgusting little waldorf orgy (i'm wasting time.) (and no.. i've got a fizmo thank you.)

8life the reason you get flaps and clicks on your kick is because you're using an continuous oscillator.. when you play a note, the osc goes thru the amp and gets big, but that happens at wherever the oscillator is at the time the note is played. it's liek when you play just a bit of a sample on your computer wav editor and you've selected a portion of the wave that starts/ends off of the '0' line it'll click as it makes the jump. thought you'd like to know  

some synths (incl. some analogs and not incl. all digitals for that matter) will initiate the oscillator with each key press.. a handy thing. i dunno the waldorfs, but perhaps it might do that, which would probably go a long way towards evening out your kicks. if you play a yammie fm synth, ie. 'solid bass' preset into your wav editor, you'll see what i mean about initiating the oscs @ each keypress. solid!

if you can't do that, then the usual pitch envelope (as you've undoubtedly discovered) can smooth out the symptom. an imperceptible amp env attack can work too. if it's gotta be solid for the piece, it's best not to bother with it at all imho.

Message 26/39             08-Nov-01  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

just dial the attack up one or two points, and the pop is gone. works every time. Yummy Waldorf.......mmmmmmmm....

Ape

Message 27/39             08-Nov-01  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

milan

given that the uQ is uQ now practically a giveaway considering current prices, i´m considering getting one really soon.

howdya like my syntax :-P

Message 28/39             08-Nov-01  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

steve

too damn right milan, I paid 450 squids from Thomann which is ridiculous for what you get. The only downside is that you`ll end up wanting the Q Keys.....

Message 29/39             08-Nov-01  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

milan

Steve, you mean the full Qkb? or the micro Qkb? i´m not lusting after another keyboard since my playing´s crap anyway, but please do tell if you think i´ll be missing out on something big?

Message 30/39             22-Nov-01  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

steve

oops, missed this one - I meant the full q keys, I`m not saying its neccessarily worth the extra money for my (or your) needs but having a knob for most functions would be sweet as. That said, they got the interface bang on with the uq and for QK dosh nowadays you can get an xtk AND a uq .......yum.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)