aaa New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz. - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 17-Dec-01  @  07:45 AM   -   New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

Lady J

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

gwan den, they work now. i sorted out the problem that was causin 'em to skip. =)

lady j

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             19-Dec-01  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

influx

File?:  No file

good point m.

even if it mattered, which it doesnt, my opinion has always been to let the music speak for itself. thats ALL. doesnt mean a thing in the real world since its all about marketing and the like anyway

you didnt offend anyone! please dont apologize when youve done nothing wrong. especially to someone like me;)

I still dont get the UK garage thing. Is there such a thing as US garage? and...what distinguishes them?

one thing Im curious..do you do all your production yourself?

Message 22/33             19-Dec-01  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

xoxos

Link?: Link

depends if you actually use the forums or just bulletin them. i endeavour to provide explanations, not moralisms. rock on.

Message 23/33             19-Dec-01  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

influx

she'll be around I think

Message 24/33             19-Dec-01  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

marianimal

Link?:  No link

I notice there's a DT genre called US garage, which I figured was for USonians who do UK garage style, but that leaves out everyone else in the world. Hm. If it's a bunch of americans from New York playing Brazilian music, is it Brazilian music? I tend to think it is.

Xoxos, I didn't say anyone "should" do anything or be any certain way, so I don't think I was moralizing.

Message 25/33             19-Dec-01  @  07:09 PM     Edit: 19-Dec-01  |  07:12 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

steve

US garage is the original but doesn`t bear much relation to uk stuff, not too disimilar from house. UK garage came from garage but picked up a lot of other influences on the way and aint really garage any more except from a few 4/4 cuts.

They should just call it 2-step and make life easier for everyone.

Message 26/33             19-Dec-01  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

knowa

I thought US garage was like that old Todd Terry Frankie Knuckles stuff.

Message 27/33             19-Dec-01  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

bedwyr

us garage. king street sounds etc. vocal us house with chord changes. 4/4 all the way. us makes the music, uk calls the genre.

oooh, let me see if i can post a classic snippet.

Message 28/33             19-Dec-01  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

bedwyr

knowa, yup. it's house with 'proper' songs.

'closer than close' rosie gains

that's what uk garage got it from, they used to play us house vocals and dubs but pitched up on the decks. it then got that 2 step thing. but it's all skippy. every now and then in the uk garage scene someone will say 4/4 is "next weeks' sound"

Message 29/33             19-Dec-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

xoxos

i wasn't addressing you in the slightest, m., only explaining myself.

Message 30/33             19-Dec-01  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: New UK Garage Tunes Fixed..soz.

steve

remember mount rushmore welsh lad? they were shit really, but in a likeable way. Proper uk garage too ....as in garage made in the uk.

Everything was ok till they dropped the 'uk', now all da kidz think its garage and wont be told otherwise.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)