aaa making goa - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: making goa

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  05:19 AM   -   making goa

tedd

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

what synth would be good for creating goa/psy trance. i need help getting started producing goa trance.email me peace, Trench

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/34             05-Mar-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: making goa

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

raga? or some other indian word like that.

wheres sitar?

Message 22/34             06-Mar-02  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: making goa

bedwyr

orbital orbital orbital

Message 23/34             06-Mar-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: making goa

david G

i think ragas are basic traditional melodies in indian classical music, around which the soloist (on sitar, santoor, flute or whatever) improvises, getting back to the main theme now and then.

its similar to jazz in some extent, but indian music is way cooler, i love it. go buy some hariprasad chaurasia tapes, this guy makes his flute really sing (i know this sounds boring on this site...).

Message 24/34             06-Mar-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: making goa

k

http://www.goagil.com/chart.html

http://goatrance.free.fr/links/artists.htm

Message 25/34             07-Mar-02  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: making goa

xoxos

brett - this is a music conservatory you're going to.. or is it just recording? your tracks are all slick but try more intervals or something.

Message 26/34             07-Mar-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

ther are going to be voacl melodies as backing, so I wanted to keep them thin until we wrok it out.

Message 27/34             07-Mar-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

xoxos, the conservatory is just for recording and business, they want you to have the music background already. There, I will be studying the art of mixing, the SSL signal chain, protools certification, as well as Waves plug-in and TC-electronics cert, soldering, networking pc and mac, and music business.I have taken piano and theory etc, but need to go much further into harmony and melody. I have a good relationship with the Music director at the junior college here, but working days prevents me from taking classes. I may need to take evening private lessons for piano and music theory. I still have my textbooks from theory that I need to start doing some of the exercises out of. This is why I work with a guy who started making tracks when I did but focused more on writing songs and less on technical. So he writes a lot of the melodies, and I take care of structure, synth programing and mixing. I'll write out a groove and beats then let him arrange and write backing tracks. When you say more intevals, you mean play the same chords just invert them more?
my bigest problem is that when i have the idea in my head, I start hearing the beats etc, and I lose it because I start playing with and editing the sounds. I think I need a tape record the vocal hums and sing into it for constant referance. It works for my sister and her christian music production team.
I have started working out the sounds first then coming back to arange, you may lose the idea by then so the tape may work for me. I am going to pick one up. you can even vocalize out the rytnhms and bass and sweeps then just keep rewinding and playing it until you have the stuff down. I am going to give it a try. I also ordered those perfect pitch cd's from the back mix mag. They have a money back garantee. So if in a few months I am tone deaf, I can send them back. LOL, Later Brett

Message 28/34             08-Mar-02  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: making goa

Pongoid

Quick word about perfect pitch: a really skilled teacher and musician named Jeff Berlin wrote an article quite awhile back in Bass Player Magazine about Relative Pitch. I don't know where you could find it, but it's a really good piece and very practical. Kinda dispells the 'Perfect Pitch' stigma, and puts things in a useable perspective. Good luck in your studies.

Ape

Message 29/34             08-Mar-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: making goa

k

Link?:  Link

hey - phrozensolid@home.com - your mail doesnt work... well all mails sent from this discussion come back to our admin rejected by your mail server.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 30/34             08-Mar-02  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

thanks ape, apparently there are colors to tones so you can tell them apart. I'll get going and let you guys know if I am improving. I ttok some pitch classes and felt retarded. The teacher would play notes and we had to tell the interval from the first. Like up 3rd, down 2nd etc. All these kids were getting it, and I was like " huh huh..can you play it again"

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)