aaa How do I make a hoover on a Juno106 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 13-May-02  @  09:53 PM   -   How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

el'Geño

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I know technically it came from the Juno Alpha-2 with memory patch 84. I heard you can do it on a Juno 106. Anybody know how?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/32             19-May-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Why can't folks just get over that fucking noise? With all of the sonic tools available to us, folks can't learn the lessons and move on to more sophisticated sounds? Come on people, there's way more ground to be explored here beyond that lame noise. Just sample the goddamn thing and move on. Throw it through something like hyperprism and give it life, or something. Move forward. Get over that sound. We really need to progress, people. There are so many other avenues to pursue; even with the juno series.

Ape

Message 22/32             19-May-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

xoxos

agreed, except for the sophisticated parts. aska softsynths are rockin'.

Message 23/32             20-May-02  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

sitarsong

Yea I don't see how I could possibly use a hoover sound in a track. But there they are. Spent some more time with Pentagon this evening. Sphew!

Message 24/32             20-May-02  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

Brett

Link?:  No link

hoovers fit right in in any kind of progressive styles. I know I going to get it from influx, but Hybrid throw the hoover in all the time wether it's a break in a trance track, or used as a backing to the main bass line in a breakbeat track. It gives a track that big bottom garage feel. I am not talking making it sound like "Dominator" from old rave days, but they can sit well in a track that has a lot going on.

Message 25/32             20-May-02  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

milan

i´m sorry... "hoovers" and "progressive" in one sentence?

you´re gonna get it bwoy, and i´m gonna get lost before that happens :p

Message 26/32             20-May-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

knowa

Tired of trying to create new sounds?

Well try the amazing new _______!

It's sounds will instantly "fit right in in any kind of progressive styles".

Now *That's* Progress!

Message 27/32             21-May-02  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

k

yeah but, remember that william orbit interview?... he talked about putting 'recognisable icons' into his tunes and building new things around that - I bring this up now and again cos it was a very apt way to describe it. People look for 'recognisable icons' in the music to latch them onto it he says and that one then creates new things around that , but people like a familiar thing to attract them in the first place to the tune. They dont realise then until they are drawn in that what theya re listening to is in fact not the same, but only similar in that it contains this 'recognisable icon' for them to feel familiar with.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/32             21-May-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

sitar

Good point K. Gotta remember to keep that in mind when struggling to do everything "new". People still use 909s, isn't it.

Message 29/32             21-May-02  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

xoxos

heh heh

Message 30/32             11-Oct-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: How do I make a hoover on a Juno106

Scott Rage

Link?:  No link

Good God,

Don't ya just love forums that get to the point of the question asked!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, here's how you make a Hoover patch using a Alpha Juno 2.

dco rng=32'
dco lfo=00
dco env=127
dco env=l\
dco aftr=00
dco bend=12
pulse=03
sawtooth=03
sub=05
sub levl=02
nois lvl=01
pw / pwm=127
pw rate=100
hp freq=02
vcf freq=127
vcf reso=00
vcf env=00
vcf env=[\
vcf lfo=00
vcf kybd=00
vcf aftr=00
vca level=60
vca env={\
vca aftr=00
chorus=on
crs rate=90
lfo rate=00
lfo delay=00
env t1=00
env l1=127
env t2=97
env l2=110
env t3=00
env l3=110
env t4=00
env kybd=09

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)