aaa High Time - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: High Time

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  07:11 PM   -   High Time

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Anybody here get Time magazine? If not, you need to go to a newsstand and pick one up. You'll know which issue I mean... the one with the pack of joints on the cover.

Great multi-article snapshot on the state of marijuana in America today. Very honest and very very good for the movement. Seeing stuff like this in a conservative mag like Time gives me hope for America.

Anyways, lots of good stuff here, check it out...

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/83             01-Nov-02  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: High Time

99devils

Link?: Link

Yeah, but... I guess I'm just a fan of Darwinism. If you're that stupid, go for it. The only problem with that is that you could hurt other people.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm willing to sacrifice a few morons for the resolution of some of the above issues  

-Craig

Message 22/83             01-Nov-02  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: High Time

xoxos

dude people don't need any help being stupid. think of it: practically anythnig you introduce is going to be an improvement

Message 23/83             02-Nov-02  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: High Time

Def Z

Link?:  No link

Sorry Craig, I don't buy it. You could make those same claims for ANYTHING that has been made illegal. The fact of the matter is that if you legalize it, you have even LESS control than you do now. Look, it's bad enough that I have to deal with drunk people in the car, now I have to deal with stoned? No thanks. It's dangerous, plain and simple.

"Almost eveyrone who wants it legalized is already getting high." - that's not a true statement. There are lots of people who are not exposed to it, so they stay away from it. You can try to justify it all you want, but the fact of the matter is it's all about getting high.

Message 24/83             02-Nov-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

Z-

It's all about the RIGHT to get high. The current laws do nothing to protect joe public from the stoners of the world because the stoners are STILL GETTING WEED and STILL GETTING HIGH. Deal with THAT. You have no control over something that grows out of the damned ground. Man, it's unbelievable arrogance to try and control something like that.

Legalizing weed would not mean legalizing operating heavy machinery while high. Just like there are all sorts of laws surrounding alcohol consumption, there would be laws for weed consumption. But to outlaw it completely is unwarranted, period.

Throwing someone in jail and repossesing their home/car because they get high is just neadrethal. Your old man drink some scotch or something on occasion? How would you like him locked up? Jailing people for getting high is just fucked up. And it's sad if you think that it's right. Very sad.

psylichon

Message 25/83             02-Nov-02  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: High Time

influx

darin. HONESTLY do you think that the law prevents people from using POT?

pure and simple, NO.

sure, maybe some pussies who havent seen through their programming.

and..honestly...a stoned driver really aint all that dangerous, my man.

one thing tho...ok...you dont like dealing with drunk driving...and that is illegal (and rightfully so, since it endangers others) but...do you want alcohol illegal?

probably not. because?

well, my because is again...the government has absolutely no right to tell me what I can and cant do with my own body and mind. they can DEFINITELY smack me down if I fuck up...IE endanger others with my behavior...

so...legal pot...illegal DUI of ANYTHING...

seems reasonable to me.

Message 26/83             02-Nov-02  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: High Time

pict

Psylichon I'm all for people having the choice to get high if they want as long as that getting high doesn't harm other people.The situation with alcohol is that there are penalties for irresponsible use but how would you measure if someone was too stoned on weed or not as far as I'm aware cannabis remains in the body for a considerably longer time than alcohol and it is very difficult to distinguish from blood tests or urine if someone has just taken a little puff or had a puff some days ago although I believe the Germans are looking into ways of accurately testing.In my experience most pro weed people are just as vehement about their argument as the anti weed crew and can be just as blinkered the problem is with such a polarised issue as the legalisation of cannabis is that there is a distinct lack of objectivity on both sides.

The situation that exists in the USA where heavy sentences are passed down and lives are wrecked for simply possessing a bit of weed are utterly ridiculous and the American government should get their reality spectacles on prohibition of drugs does not work and never can even in Iran where there are severe punishments for drug use it hasn't worked they have an ever growing population of junkies.

Message 27/83             02-Nov-02  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: High Time

pict

Influx I don't agree that a stoned driver isn't that dangerous I've been in some stoned states where I most certainly wasn't in any condition to drive and I don't think using a skil saw or such like is a terribly good idea the problem with toking is that you feel capable but in reality you perform differently.I'm sure you've tried recording when stoned I can't speak for you but when I listen to music I've recorded under the influence of weed it is generally more sloppy and full of mistakes compared to a straight session but at the time I recorded it it seemed to be spot on.I think weed is good for a bit of inspiration but for really getting down to serious work I think it's better to leave it out but then again different strokes and all that.

Message 28/83             02-Nov-02  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: High Time

influx

two different things

but..still..comes down to personal responsibility, as does not drinking and driving.

Id be FINE with a law that says its illegal to drive...because, again, that is putting OTHERS at risk

smoking a joint...well...as close to harmless as modern life can get!

Message 29/83             02-Nov-02  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

I can't even imagine the good it would do the world if everyone sat down at once and smoked a nice fatty to one's head. I guarantee nothing would be the same after that.

Yeah, I'm a dreamer. Nice to meet ya.

psylichon

Message 30/83             02-Nov-02  @  08:54 AM     Edit: 02-Nov-02  |  09:16 AM   -   RE: High Time

Zazza

Smoking does impair your ability to judge speed/distance etc.. proven..

I agree with pict.. if you endanger other's lives then you deserve to be pulled up for it...

Meanwhile in the UK, abuse of alcohol is causing huge problems in the cities, extra policing.. violence etc etc

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)