aaa What Synth for Jungle? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What Synth for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  12:18 AM   -   What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok. i need some suggestions for a synth with dark, rich (but not cheezE) analog/va analog basslines. i only want it for bass. thats it. price is a consideration but i will find a way to get money if need be.. *evil laugh*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/49             15-Nov-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

99devils... yes i get what you are saying. but theres a big difference between a pulse which is about $400 now and a nord or virus which can get up to $2000 or more. if im gonna get an expensive one im going to do a lot more research... cant afford to do otherwise, ya know?

milan... thanks.   those actually sound pretty close to what im looking for. at the same time im not trying to bite anyones style.. tryin to be at least a little bit original. but those sound good.   my only problem is the only synth i have is a microK and its a better vocoder than synth (although the synth is very good considering the price) and im assuming you ran your basslines through the FB. question. does the FB have mono in/outputs (my microK does i think).

Steve. thanks for responding. that machine has a good bit of what i would like to get my greedy hands on... question though... can you program your own basslines or do you have to use the presets given? i already fell for that one. lol and i wasnt too happy when i found out that the tone generators that yamaha makes only allows you to adjust preset sounds. its more of a toy than an instrument/tool.

Message 22/49             15-Nov-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

influx

Link?: Link

"if i would have said dark and rich HOUSE basslines i could have been talking about something completely different, no?"

no. not really.

and...youre ranting about ME not reading YOUR post, but then you go on to say about virus being $2000

you can get the A version for $500 US, man. itll do EVERYTHING you want it to. bassy bassy bassy.

so would a pulse. so might a nova (altho those sound a bit tame to me...but still very cool)

like dark biting bass? remember "Wheres Jack the Ripper" by Grooverider? taht bass? ahhhhhhhhh

nord lead

Message 23/49             15-Nov-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

'and...youre ranting about ME not reading YOUR post, but then you go on to say about virus being $2000' um actually no i wasnt. that post wasnt direct at you... but since youre on the topic you never said a or b series virus.. you said a virus. and seeing as how the a & b series' are discontinued i naturally thought you were talking about the c series.

im not here to get in a pissing match with anyone... just want some suggestions/info.

and yes im VERY familiar with 'wheres jack the ripper' its a classic jungle track. and youre telling me that was done on a nord lead? wow. i love that track.  

Message 24/49             15-Nov-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

psylichon

you saying my tracks are tame, influx? ;)

psy

Message 25/49             15-Nov-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

influx

"I see virus As for $500 here...and can say with 100% conviction that with that and a good sampler that you (assuming you will spend time learning how to use them) could make almost any sound you could possibly imagine!"

no. no pissing match, but...its kinda funny that youre pissed I didnt "read your post" when..uh..this was my response

aint no thang really. Im just pointing it out

Message 26/49             15-Nov-02  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

milan

Citisen S, you run you _oscillators_ thru the filter bank, prferably keeping the filter of your synth completely open (in order for the FB to have something to filter, right?).

anyway, get _any_ VA synth, it will do what you want...

Message 27/49             15-Nov-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

errata

hehehe, every time!

The Waldorf XTK does those classic stacked "juno" sounds on a lot of dark jungle (that's what a lot of Junglists use, i mean)

And as above, the Nord lead is a classic heavy bassliner in a lot of tech step.

the Nova can do Jungle-y growls but not as raw sounding as some... it's a prettier than meaner synth.

MS2000 can do it too!!!

e

Message 28/49             15-Nov-02  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Steve Roughley

It is a rompler. There are 50 unprocessed waveforms for manipulation with the filters and effects.

If you're after something different, as Milan has so correctlt suggested, just get a VA like the Nord Lead, or the Virus. They'll solve ALL of your synth problems.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 29/49             16-Nov-02  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

brett

i have owned a ton of synths, and none have done big unison bass sounds better than a jp8000 or the 8080.

Also you can use a sub harmonic synth like the behringer or the dbx to add an extra octave underneath your current sounds.

Message 30/49             16-Nov-02  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

dr_haskell

The waldorf pulse has got to be a bargain, I have heard of minimoog owners using these in preference. They go for about £150 second hand, but most synths can do decent bass with a bit of time spent with them (plus a ditortion pedal!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)