aaa Stable soundcard for amd build? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Stable soundcard for amd build?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jan-03  @  11:11 PM   -   Stable soundcard for amd build?

hutchshop

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Looking for a stable soundcard w/ 2 analog in/out and possibly spdif. I'm trying to do that budget AMD build k's been writing about. I plan to use sonar or another vst compatible sequencer.

I have read that midiman delta cards had problems with the VIA chipsets - but haven't heard anything about the KT333.

Any suggestions?

matt

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/37             30-Jan-03  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

influx

Link?: Link

Ive seen 2408s work.

but still...there are 1u rack mixers for monitoring

in fact..I found a DOPE one but it was a bit pricey. cant even remember the damn name now tho

Message 22/37             31-Jan-03  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

milan

aha? do try to remember. i was thinking about this for a while now but stil havent found a satisfactory solution. in the end i'll probly end up buying a dsp 2000 or a delta 1010 and an analog mixer. i was hoping we've moved beyond that, kinda...  

Message 23/37             31-Jan-03  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

psylichon

oh get a mackie 1202 and quit yer bitchin'. If nothing else it will improve the "studioness" of your "studio."

holy crap I just realized I've had mine like 14 years. What a tank.

psy

Message 24/37             31-Jan-03  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

influx

Ashly LX308B

8 stereo pairs (can be 16 mono)

stereo out w/mute. headphone out with dedicated level control. MONO out also with dedicated level control

NICE.

retail is $459 us..but theyre on ebay for $150 to $275

Ashly is decent shit. Im gonna look around.

Message 25/37             31-Jan-03  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

milan

thanx iflux. psy- already thought about that, but man... its 21st century, do i really want another analog mixer? bah... i'll probably have to write to the manufacturers and see if they've got anything better coming soon, and if not then they'll hopefully get an idea what they should do :p

Message 26/37             31-Jan-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

psylichon

why do you need digital just for monitoring?

Message 27/37             31-Jan-03  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

milan

thats the thing... i wouldnt need a mixer, except the one on my soundcard, idealy. oh sod it... is there a little stereo in/out thingie with a volume knob on it that i can stick between the soundcard and the monitors?

look, all i want is a 8 analog i/o nterface that connects to a pc with a single cable, and has a monitor out with a volume knob. dont you think that should be easier to find than it is?

Message 28/37             31-Jan-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

influx

heh. yes. surprising actually

Message 29/37             31-Jan-03  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

Florburner

Link?:  No link

OK, here's my experiment. Choose this 'cause it was cheap stuff off ebay.

OK for soundcard M-Audio Delta Tdif. Has the Tdif 8 in/out digitaly, plus stereo Spdif and analog stereo out.

For the Tdif front end Soundcraft analogue interface for their 328 digital mixer.
http://www.soundcraft.com/products/analogue.html

Can monitor through the analog outs or Spdif. No Latency. Still would need a mixer I guess if I wanted to put a reverb or multi headphone mix, but thats what I have my Behringer MX802A left over for.  

Another better option I just found would have been a SM Pro SM PR8MKII with a adat card (rme probably).
http://www.smproaudio.com/pr8mk2.htm

Message 30/37             31-Jan-03  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

milan

cheeky bastard! now there's a good example of lateral thinking. dunno why you'd wanna complicate it like that, but its still a nice original setup, probably good sound quality too.

regards, m.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)