aaa iraqi oil - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: iraqi oil

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  06:39 PM   -   iraqi oil

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

came across this:

"At present, oil companies from France, Russia, and China have contracts to help develop Iraqi oil fields. Europe depends far more upon oil from Iraq than America (only a tiny fraction of U.S. oil comes from Iraq, about six percent). Oil from Iraq, indeed oil from the entire Middle East, ranks higher among European national interests than American. For some years, the United States has been moving to draw the preponderance of its oil from our own hemisphere, mostly from Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela, and to cut back steadily on its use of Middle Eastern oil, to the level now of 26 percent of its annual. Europe is far more dependent on Iraqi oil, and far more involved with the Iraqi oil industry. I believe the U.S. should form a consortium of nations currently under contract to develop Iraq's oil fields, prominently including Italy, France, Russia, and China."

from http://www.nationalreview.com/novak/novak021003.asp

and my reason for posting it is to ask, if oil were not a factor, what would people say it would be?

its easy to say the US "wants the oil" but if we only get 6% from iraq and only 25% from the mideast in general it seems europe has a much larger interest in iraqi oil than the usa...

i am not trying to sway anyone one way or the other, just curious as to what the "2nd" reason would be...

should this be in the "bush is a *****" thread? :-)

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/40             11-Feb-03  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: iraqi oil

k

well, surely it doesnt matter wether the US imports more/less middle-east oil - isnt it about US corps controlling and selling that oil on? - it doesnt matter who the end user is they still will make shitloads of dosh innit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/40             11-Feb-03  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: iraqi oil

influx

true

Message 23/40             12-Feb-03  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: iraqi oil

errata

Link?:  No link

right on k, just what i said only more concise... no surprise there...hehehe

Although I've always suspected that it's got more to do with something less obvious. Some twisted backroom cabalistic type of Masonic order type business... if only because if it's as it appears than people are stupider than we think. I don't claim to get it, but I KNOW there's something to get, and too damn many people just buy the party line and push on through with this madness...

e

Message 24/40             12-Feb-03  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: iraqi oil

hydro carbon

The U.S. uses (20 million barrels of oil a day!) at that rate how long will it be before the world starts to run out. Guess who will have the largest remaining reserves as supplies begin to dwindle, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. These two countries are like Board Walk and Park Place on a Monopoly Board. There is oil in other countries, but extracting oil becomes progressively more expensive before it completely runs out. At that point alternative energy suddenly becomes cost effective. Unfortunately, short sighted people won't prepare for this until the last minute creating a world energy crisis and unecessary political tension and economic hardship for everyone as greed is paramount to the energy and oil companies.

Message 25/40             13-Feb-03  @  09:00 AM     Edit: 13-Feb-03  |  09:02 AM   -   RE: iraqi oil

Zazza

Notice how the Anglo's are lining up: 'US, UK, Australia'..

This whole shebang is about controlling the planet in the 21st century.. oil is part of that..
making sure the Anglo's have the WMD upper hand is another... protecting the Anglo owned global economy is another, think World Bank, IMF, International Patent Laws etc etc

I mean they are not even hiding this.. just read:

The Project for the New American Century

It sure as hell isn't about September 11th.. what happened to 'track Osama down'.. in fact he's probably more useful if he's out there stirring things up and providing the justification for the ongoing 'War against Things which get in our way'.

Message 26/40             13-Feb-03  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: iraqi oil

Zazza

O yeah, and get ready for 'secret arrests' America... Google search for Patriot II

By the way, at the March for Peace in the UK on saturday it is reckoned that there will be over a million people, the largest ever demonstration in the history of the UK.

Message 27/40             13-Feb-03  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: iraqi oil

k

'War against Things which get in our way'.

lol!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/40             14-Feb-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: iraqi oil

formant

Link?: Link

heres a good article detailing a few facts:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110003053

france gets paid 4x market price to build a nuke reactor and other arms...

germany sells them the technology to deliver nuclear payloads at a high price

russia sells them rifles at 4x the price

etc etc etc

this article is by a guy who used to work for saddam and it was his job to hide WMD from people....

"My 20 years of work in Iraq's nuclear-weapons program and military industry were partly a training course in methods of deception and camouflage to keep the program secret. Given what I know about Saddam Hussein's commitment to developing and using weapons of mass destruction, the following two points are abundantly clear to me: First, the U.N. weapons inspectors will not find anything Saddam does not want them to find. Second, France, Germany, and to a degree, Russia, are opposed to U.S. military action in Iraq mainly because they maintain lucrative trade deals with Baghdad, many of which are arms-related. "

jamey

Message 29/40             14-Feb-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: iraqi oil

formant

how easy is it to hide WMD?

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/4

same dude.... used to have the job back in the day

jamey

Message 30/40             14-Feb-03  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: iraqi oil

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

You never know with this stuff. But when you look at the present state of the political situation in Venezuela right now and the terrible economic conditions of that countrys' citizens, well there're all kinds of things that can be read into it about the cause of an oil producing country seeing it's citizens in deep poverty, or the timeliness of us going after Iraq. But who knows.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)