aaa SX - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-03  @  02:01 AM   -   SX

horizens

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

rules.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/51             02-May-03  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: SX

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

thought i'd ressurect this thread.

Spent some 'quality time' alone with SX recently, and I am VERY impressed.. I hate to say it but I think , bugs notwithstanding, this is the best one now... it's so damned logical doncha find?

you can do so much on just the arrnage page, the way the tracks headers all are so easy to manipulate... the folder tracks are easy to add/remove from and moromproff, the automation is a joy.. the keysets are great and it's screensets work!!

Impressive! - everything I want it to do is simple it seems...

one superiority over logic seems to be that when moving edit nodes around, they don't 'stick' like the logic ones do, it's so simple

amazing!

what are you getting bugwise guys? - including external sync/clock issues or internal s/w ones etc - is that all fixed

I tell you I'm blown away by it tho, and the look is superb!...

Message 22/51             02-May-03  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: SX

psylichon

Link?: Link

ew k.... yer a DAW whore! Quit cheatin' on that lovely lass, Sonar, and you'll see she's got the tightest native snatch available. And the price... it's so DT!

Pffff... fuck it... use what you want. See if I care.

psy

Message 23/51             02-May-03  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: SX

k

like I said - SONAR will only be viable to me when the glitch is gone and when the snap works properly on the arrange-page, plus a few other dumb gripes.

However.... SX... it does those things as you'd expect - has node based editing and does rewire2!

that's all I want from my chosen sequencer... If Cakewalk get it right then sure... sonar it is!

I DO have a rewire problem with SX tho it seems... other at Cubase.net have the same problem of a hanging REASON when rewiring to SX

Other potential SX bugs I obviously didn't get time yet to discover, BUt my two HUGEST gripes about VST have been fixed

dissapearing windows and the use of so many different windows for things was my huge irritation, and they way they'd always dissapear and not stay-on-top

Now VSTi panels and stuff like the VST-i RACK feature an 'Always on top' option - superb!!

also the screensets really work well & update well!

Also unlike SONAR, I get to CHOOSE what qwerty keys I want to use for key-commands... SONAR limits me to THEIR decided & limited selection... another SONAR problem for users in commercial studio's required to utilise more than ONE application to satisfy clients

a studio-owner like that will ALWAYS want the same key-commands for all his app's for the same basic commands

i can do that with Logic & SX, but now with SONAR sadly which seems just plain stupid.

The FOLDER TRACKS in SX now really rock too it has to be said... VERY easy to use now with full-on 'drag & drop', both IN and OUT of folders.

I might becaome a convert!!

Now do you see how Cake are really not very clever -

at a time when Logic force users to another programme by switching to Mac only, us logic users look for a new app' - SONAR really needed to be ready and on the ball for this

Now I need or rather, want to switch app - SONAR has small silly issues, SX doesn't (notwithstanding any bugs I didnt discover yet) - but basicaly ALL the gui of SX works fine.

So here is me wanting to crossgrade - I might end up with SX just because of a few silly things in SONAR which annoy me and don't make pro working easy!

Bad business move imo by Cake.

Message 24/51             02-May-03  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: SX

R.A.T.

Well said  

Never used Sonar so I'm not gonna slag it, but gotta agree about SX. Its the dogs danglies.

No bugs at the moment, I did have major MIDI timing problems but its rock solid now I have a S'berg MIDEX8.

Only thing on my wishlist is a 'freeze' button like Logic 6 but I expect it will be there in SX 2.

Other than that I find it perfect for my needs (OK it doesn't suck cock but apart from that...)

Nice.

Matt

Message 25/51             02-May-03  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: SX

k

it doesn't ? - damn!

I seem to have fixed the rewire thing for reason at least... the general concensus on forums was that one needed to NOT activate REWIRE inputs in SX until after reason was open - it took some cliking on SX to get reason to open at first, some reason things don't initialise until you go back to SX - for some reason just returning back to SX from REASON makes REASON 'un-stick' from hanging on opening.

'Un-stick' ? - yeah it sorta sticks... menu's don't open but it hasn't actualy crashed... odd...

Anyways... Then I had to re-click on SX a few times to get reason to 'un-stick' a few more times as I removed most of the default sound-generators and other stuff until I had just re-drum and one subtractor...

Then after finaly getting REASON ready & the cables patched that I wanted to the rewire-interface, I finaly get to press start on SX... sure enuff for the first few times, REASON kicks in and starts to play/move - i deselect the clock/midi sync thing a few times and eventualy it latches and reason stops trying to play when I hit play on SX...

and that's it... I been running 'em both now for 2 hours, no probs at all... only one thing now

HOW do I control REASON synth controllers in SX?... how /can you get a node-edit lane/track for any reason synths to do realtime moves?

even activating reasons subtractor cut-off control for example and adding a cc move in piano-roll edit in SX with the correct CC number still didn't make the Subtractor cut-off move, neither di moving the sub-tractor cutoff while the SX midi track was in WRITE mode (didnt expect it to, but hell!....)

anyone?... can I do that in SX? - controller moves on reason synths etc on the SX arrange-page?

Message 26/51             04-May-03  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: SX

horizens

[image file]

find the controller # for the reason module, open the
midi part in cubase, open the controller setup, find that
controller and send it to the left list, draw in your curves.

works fine on the mac version.

Message 27/51             04-May-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: SX

horizens

[image file]

"even activating reasons subtractor cut-off control for
example and adding a cc move in piano-roll edit in SX
with the correct CC number still didn't make the
Subtractor cut-off move"

odd, that's exactly what i do and it works fine over here.

#74 (brightness) for subtractor's cutoff.

Message 28/51             04-May-03  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: SX

k

yup - weird - I opened the piano roll - selected CC 76 (I assigned 76 to the cutoff in REASON first) - drew in - nothing - weird!

Message 29/51             04-May-03  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: SX

horizens

[image file]

maybe try assigning it back to it's original and then
trying again?

Message 30/51             05-May-03  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: SX

k

yeah, i'll try that - but why would they have an option to change the CC number? - odd

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)