aaa 420 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: 420

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  07:58 AM   -   420

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Yes, I'm immature, yes I smoke too much, yes it's soooo American, but god damnit, someone had to say it:

Happy 4/20 my fellow puffers... How long since ya rolled one REALLY fat?  

psy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/57             21-Apr-03  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

Link?:  No link

and since i've accidentally become a name-dropper here....i have partied and ate mexican food with rick james here in chula vista...haha.
also met bowie...peter gabriel...bryan ferry...interviewed the stranglers...x...darby crash's last interview before he od'd....pete shelley...john cale...lou reed...iggy pop....talking heads. and yeah....red!!!! my man! you'll probably hear em on a track one day.....hopefully. but i swear the pot don't help his memory. it might help some things but NOT his memory!

Message 22/57             21-Apr-03  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

Link?: Link

I should clarify, clay. I am no longer a Christian, but I play one when I go home (very poorly, based on the debates I have with my mother).

I used to be all up the ass of the church, youth group leader and all that. The Christian analogy used to work quite nicely for me. But this is just some history...

This morning was the "contemporary service" with the "uplifting" melodies of Christian rock. To each his own, but the pot really helped me to draw my own personal analogies from the otherwise meandering and pointless sermon (even my mom the superchristian agreed it was "bullshit"), and to laugh at and enjoy the ridiculousness of the music instead of be annoyed by it. Not a knock at Xtian music, more a knock at our church's band and singers. The drummer, oh lol, i wish i had an mp3... and the offeratory anthem sung 1.5 steps above the band was truly hard to keep a straight face through... even for the sober members of the congregation.

I know where you're coming from Clay, and I respect your age and experience. But don't you know any SUCCESSFUL potheads? I do. It's a shame if you don't, because they exist. But ya know what ya know I guess. Do you really think those guys failed because of pot, though? Or did the pot just amplify a more deep-routed problem in their decision-making skills? anyway, it's all good... theories....

But NAZI'S??? Dude, did you really think I was going there? [laughing]

psy

Message 23/57             21-Apr-03  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

oh....captain sensible too.

must not forget.

Message 24/57             21-Apr-03  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

clay, you tell me chat is pointless and a time-waster, yet what are we doing here?? would waste less time in realtime chat, doooood.

Message 25/57             21-Apr-03  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

one day we'll smoke one...but i ain't saying happy 4-20!

Message 26/57             21-Apr-03  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

trill...I should apologize..I was thinking in the literal sense..

if I break my arm, and smoke some weed, its still gonna hurt just as bad. Truly my bad for takin things so literally.

I wholeheartedly endorse the legality of it, but only, ONLY because I hate the illegality!

I laugh at most of the "medical marijuana" people because theyre far too often just stoned granolas...ulterior indeed.

but nor do I think someone should be jailed for smokin...except..uh...where? utah? arizona? fuck both those places anyway!

I wasnt arguing against weed. never will. I argue FOR someone's right to do whatever the fuck they want, whenever, and (pretty much) wherever they want, as long as it doesnt affect anyone else negatively.

I do, definitely, get tired of people that feel the need to ANNOUNCE themselves. pot, tattoos, piercings (my favorite are the stupid bitch sorority girls that INSIST on showing you their fucking tongue hole or belly button ring. lamers)

so trillium...ditto on the respect thing cuz from what I remember youre one well-spoken and well-versed individual, and if youre one of them doper types well more power to ya! just dont run around "la la la look at me I smoke pot" cuz I'll sneer at ya;)

Message 27/57             21-Apr-03  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

OOOOOHHHH did I forget to chow you my labret piercing?????? j/k :P

I like you Influx.

Trills

Message 28/57             21-Apr-03  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

la la la i smoke pot :P

"...ulterior indeed. "

Doh, you got me, but I fixed it!   relieved to hear your clarification...

I gotta say tho, I admit I don't really do much to help legalize pot. I don't give any money to NORML or go to any rallies or anything like that. So in that way, I'm a hippocrite by saying I want pot to be legalized.

The only way I can even start to rectify this, at least in my mind, is to be very honest with my pot smoking habit, even to the point of glorifying it. I'll even tell a client straight up that I smoke pot. Because I feel myself to be successful at what I do, and I'm very happy with a loving wife and a really fulfilling life (though FAR from perfect), I think it's my duty to show people that pot and life can coexist. That's why I keep talking about it. That and sometimes I run out of shit to say, and I like to talk!

I also think pot only makes people feel stupid because we all tend to "agree" that pot makes you stupid. Stereotypes are human-bourne... but that's just more of my hippy shit, so I'll stop there... ;)

psy

Message 29/57             21-Apr-03  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

trillium...heh...if you met me in person it might be different;)

Message 30/57             21-Apr-03  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: 420

milan

"This morning was the "contemporary service" with the "uplifting" melodies of Christian rock."

lol! ahahahahahahahahahaha!

please say that was a joke?

no, really? :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)