aaa Does Paul McCartney suck? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Does Paul McCartney suck?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 15-May-03  @  10:13 PM   -   Does Paul McCartney suck?

OMO

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Since he married Heather Mills? A program about her on the television last week, showed her for what she is - a gold digger. So does poor old Paul suck, or is he a sucker?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/55             17-May-03  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

Meriphew

Link?: Link

Some of the stuff that Mac did in Wings is fucking fantastic. I don't know how anyone could say he sucked after the Beatles. It's prolly pretty difficult to write great songs for 4 decades without having dry spells. Groove Monkey, how could you possibly say that Mac sucked as a bass player? Let's not lose touch on reality here. Mac is considered one of the greatest bassists ever by many people, myself included. I understand if his style doesn't do it for you, but to say his playing is shite is shite.

Message 22/55             17-May-03  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

I think THESE slippers are more comfortable

Message 23/55             17-May-03  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

k

yeah, I've always had that impression, that Paul was the one who kept it all together, the working-class guy with the down-to-earth work ethic that kept them going, and John was just on a big rock'n'roll pose... after all, he broke the band up.

Message 24/55             17-May-03  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

man called clay

there's 2 sides to every coin and if you look at these 2 astrologically...one the libra> and one the gemini who WOULD sell everything to crumbly face himSELF
eventually and live to face that ghost.....you learn a lot about who we are...,not just paul and the beatles. it was john who tired of the beatles
status of complacent rock-star acceptance and doing normal rock-star things. he wanted to publically and privately protest the war and make weird doodles naked in bed and hold to a desire to perform as an individual and not forever as a part of "the fab four". in pauls' defense....he is amongst one of the best bassists to play AND SING simultaneously.
i mean....geez....they wrote a thousand songs and he could walk up there and perform the damned things and make millions scream. then again....
ebony and ivory....

what's funny and sad is that he had to ask michael and yoko whether ONE song could read mccartney/lennon and MJ said.....no!
paul...."it's only business."

i say it's only karma.
t'would make him a more humble and spiritual guy by now....i'm thinking.

Message 25/55             18-May-03  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

d

although the split was an ongoing thing, McCartney was the first to officially leave the group. look it up.

bassist? thoughtful and melodic. what was required and nothing more. the bassists who suck are "lead" bassists out of the flea/stanley clarke/chris squire school who turn the treble up, overplay shit and mostly just show-off their chops. yuck!

the changing the credit thing may seem kind of small and revisionist, but also might more accurately represent the contributions, especially with the later stuff, when there were obvious John songs and obvious Paul songs. And what was Lennon's contribution to "Yesterday"?

some of the man's tunes we silly fluff, others we nothing but brilliant and will be remembered long after we're all worm food.

Message 26/55             19-May-03  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

mp

Paul was the best musician in Beatles. In some Beatles songs, the bass line almost is the song, like Taxman, or Come together. He could play melodic, contrapuntal lines or groovy riffs, whatever it took. Or just play one note, if that was needed, like in Tomorrow Never Knows.

Message 27/55             19-May-03  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

Does his wife get a 50% discount on slippers ?

Message 28/55             19-May-03  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

dubmunkey

suck? ive heard he blows....

g

Message 29/55             19-May-03  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

spectre_one

"Does his wife get a 50% discount on slippers ?"

lol.

Do you think she goes into the shoe store and just buys the single display model?

Message 30/55             19-May-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

no she steal the single demo slipper outside the shop, damn those single legged thieves

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)