aaa Pay attention we're everywhere - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Pay attention we're everywhere

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 20-May-03  @  12:32 AM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  12:34 AM   -   Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

That's my bike (what's left of it) wedged so tight beneath that truck that when he pulled back into his lane he dragged my bike with him. This is what happens when a driver doesn't pay attention. I was no more than 30 feet in front of him when he proceeded to make a left hand turn across my lane. My bike is a total loss because someone wasn't keeping their eyes on the road. I limped away from it with a few injuries (so far) and hopefully only a week or so layed up but it could have been different in so many ways. Pay attention folks because motorcyclists are everywhere and, for the motorcyclist, there is no such thing as a minor accident.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/70             20-May-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

a little bit o' street justice never hurt anyone

LOL, HARD, at xoxos!

I was once on the back of a vespa...lady pulled out in front of us...

stopped at a light right next to her, and my homey who was drivin us punched her passenger window out and then said some super calm, clever thing along the lines of "you might want to consider taking some driving lessons as you almost killed me and my passenger here"

fucking hilarious. poor lady was crying tho. I doubt she realized what she had done

Message 22/70             20-May-03  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

Link?:  No link

VERY nice k. luv that. kawi triple...jeez, had no idea...looks like japanese mfg were still looking at the UK for engine ideas at the time...norton/bsa, triumph etc

hahaha...can't see influx) "riding bitch" lol esp' on a vespa

Message 23/70             20-May-03  @  08:56 PM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  08:57 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

oh yeah - beautiful!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/70             20-May-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Influx

"hahaha...can't see influx) "riding bitch" lol esp' on a vespa"

yeah. I know..sounded funny when I posted it too...

heh. yup. used to cruise around with homey on that thing all the time! I was smaller then but not much 

Message 25/70             20-May-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

mind you - the downside .... 20 m.p.g roughly I used to get on my 400, if you went on a run you had to stop and fill up at every bloody petrol station just incase  

the upside?... a loverly summer day... you pull up alongside some guy's cabriolet with the top down or a bimma or gti whatever with the wqindows down, and give his girl a few smiles in the passenger seat... he gets raggy and starts to rev his engine... then the lights change and you do a Looooonnnnnnng clutch-slipping red-line pull-away leaving him coughing in a cloud of luverly blue 2-stroke smoke - heh heh *chuckle*

Mine was stock, with expansions - I had a dial-guage and used to set the ignition every week and do a de-coke & reset every fortnight (takes about 2 hours inc' engine removal & refit) and it could easily keep up with a gsx1100 up to 80-90 mph no sweat.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/70             20-May-03  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

psylichon

only two fender-bender accidents in my life (car not bike, but still funny, both of em)

One was on my way to driver's ed. Yes, until recently, it could correctly be stated that if I had never taken driver's ed, I'd have a perfect driving record. Until...

More recently I was on my way to get weed. You see, I generally try to never run out of weed. And I'm pretty much always high, so when I'm driving, I'm high. This may piss some of you off, but oh well. The fact of the matter is, the FIRST time I drive sober (on my way to get high) in many years, I get in a fender bender (partly my fault). Luckily dude had no insurance, so he handled things himself. My car was fine. Anyway...

I only get in accidents if irony is involved.

psy

Message 27/70             20-May-03  @  11:57 PM     Edit: 21-May-03  |  12:08 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

BluStudio

I used to ride trail/dirt bikes from about the age of 6 or 7 till i was about 16 - was absolutely fearless doing stupid crazy things, flying jumps all sorts of shit i cant believe i did, came of all the time and just dusted myself down and jumped back on the fuckers. All the confidence in the world

Then when i was 16 i got a shiny(dont laugh now!) Suzuki TS50 trail/road bike and as stated above, eventually had a collision and came off the fucker at only 25-30 mph. Theres something COMPLETELY different about coming off a dirtbike and crashing on the road. Ive never even SAT on a bike since (25 now), dont think i could.

They say pee into the wind n all that but i dunno, that pic looks pretty full on - Glad your ok Mick, and when you get back on mebbe get a bright yellow bodysuit!  .

SpinbacK

Message 28/70             21-May-03  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

errata

I used to know a guy back east who insisted he was a better driver stoned than sober.

Not sure if it's smart, or cool... but who am I to argue, HE WAS a better driver stoned than sober!!!

Spare helmets are useful for the particularly dense motorist who insists on the random lane change!

e

Message 29/70             21-May-03  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Garuna

Aww man GT... You could at least have had DT in the backgound..

Message 30/70             21-May-03  @  05:33 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

GT

that pic was for http://www.r1-forum.com though a while back

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 70 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)