aaa RIAA wants you! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: RIAA wants you!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 26-Jul-03  @  06:01 PM   -   RIAA wants you!

beds

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

^ look

* if i remember correctly, in the first three months of this year music sales increased in the uk.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/116             29-Jul-03  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

RIAA Spokesman

Link?:  No link

You are all dead! K Gimme all their IP's

Message 22/116             29-Jul-03  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

discontinued

Link?:  No link

come and rape me bich.

i bet you can't even buy half the shit i got here.

Message 23/116             29-Jul-03  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

Influx

Link?: Link

sensoniq, youre about as discrete as dubya and his freedom fries

Message 24/116             29-Jul-03  @  11:50 PM   -   Someone new to hate

Zazza

Bye bye Hilary....

Message 25/116             02-Aug-03  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

Pongoid

Influx,
I'm a bit disappointed in you, really, as you of all people here should know the deal with the music industry. You have the most connects of anybody here in it.

"because...those big labels spend whole ing piles of money to market that shit music! Its sick how much they SPEND in order to make back a few bux."

This is utter falicy. Why? Because the major labels in actuality spend nothing on any of it. It's ALL out there as loans to the artists. It's entirely recoupable. If the artist doesn't sell enough records to bring the record companies a FAT profit, then they keep all the money that they've made on sales, PLUS the artists have to pay back all of the money that the record company spent on recording, marketing, legal fees, etc. The list goes on and on. I KNOW you've read the info on this before. Folks here have posted links to articles that some BIG names have written about how that shit really goes down.

It is the fact that this stuff is fairly well known with nothing done to change it for whatever reason that pisses me off to the point of destructiveness. The biggest problem with the entire music industry is that it has NO risk. The majors have NO RISK: it's all just profit to them. They don't give a fuck about artistic nature. They give a fuck about what the accountants and market researchers say is the coming trend, and what the next catchy trick that some unknown pulled in a recording, and the kids will love when they hear.

American Idol is a hit for MILLIONS. Doesn't that tell you something about the fucking lower than shit pathetic state of ignorance and uncaring attitude that the public has been programmed into? I don't understand how the fuck everybody in this place doesn't just wretch on every single TV screen they see showing this show, and spit on every ad for it within spitting distance of them. It's the WORST affront I've ever in all of my years seen to artists and artisans. AND IT'S BLATANT!!!!! It's not funny, it's not a joke. It's sad because it already has made millions of dollars in advertisement, let alone the money that's going to be made on that tubby ass' renditions of somebody else's creativity. It's a message to the public that artisrty doesn't matter. No artist is unique. It's like 'Trading Places' for real. Now imagine how many kids were watching the show when they could have been working on their chops. Imagine how much originality got squashed with the latest ads to but the latest garbage from useless people. How fucking pathetic. And who makes money off of all that shit?

THE

R

I

A

A

I would rob a bank to pay for a contract to have Hillary Rosen's head cut off and immersed in a bucket of pig shit before her brain died, and then have photos circulated to the rest of the majors' execs, marketing wizards, and lawyers of her carcass being fed to more pigs to send them the message that they're next.

Who? Me? Pissed off at Rosen? Nah, just mildly irritated. You wouldn't want to see me when I'm actually pissed off.

Ape

Message 26/116             02-Aug-03  @  03:43 AM     Edit: 03-Aug-03  |  11:32 AM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

Influx

sorry P but its you who is mistaken.

its not just the record companies. Gear is over priced, studio time is WAY overpriced, and the list goes on and on

at one point the micro economy that was the entire music industry could support the bloated cash cow that it had become, which is why studios could get away with paying $1000000000000 for a console, and charging 100000000 a day for their services.

times have changed, and the gluttony that was the norm is now backfiring, across the board. The fat pigs at the top are going to go DOWN and theyre gonna kick and scream all the way. Im glad to see it, even though it might affect me as well. I have yet to see a dime from any of this, but thats not even a minute part of why I got into it

What trips me out is that you seem to think that artists "deserve" to get paid for their efforts, but even that was a created situation! The "right" to make money doesnt exist, ya know?

Oh, and...dude...youre telling me record companies dont SPEND money? thats just utter nonsense. Youre disappointed in me...O.K! Sure sounds condescending!

Message 27/116             02-Aug-03  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

Pongoid

Sure they lay it out on the front end, but it's ALL recoupable. So to say they are spending it, like they might be losing it is totally wrong. Studio time is exspensive, but it's actually the artisits that pay for it if they can't cover the sales, and the reality is that most can't. If the band sells, then they make it back. If the records don't sell, then the artists pay back the major, so how can you say that the record company is 'spending' loads?

That's the whole reason that most music on the market these days sucks. The record companies don't care. Thay don't have to. The overhead is so low for CD duplication that the profit margin is astronomical. No matter what they do, they win. It's a fuckin joke. Sure studio time is exspensive cuz the gear is and so many folks are doing stuff at home in 24/96, so who needs the big studios? If you read enough and practice enough...sure it won't be Abbey Road, but it'll be good enough for broadcast.

At the end of the day...FUCK THE MAJORS cuz they're fucking everybody else.

Ape

Message 28/116             02-Aug-03  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

psylichon

right on

***bold fun time complete***

Message 29/116             02-Aug-03  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

queasy00

actually.. influx was logged in so he can edit his post:

are

to

are

should do it.

-j

Message 30/116             02-Aug-03  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: RIAA wants you!

queasy00

wtf!?
just checked.. oooh.. the html didn't go through.

i meant to say...
oh forget it.

-j

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 116 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)