aaa uh another self voter - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: uh another self voter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 19-Nov-03  @  04:06 PM   -   uh, another self voter

Keef

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

came from nothing, Joz suddenly 1, 2, 3 & 5 in the chart.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/43             20-Nov-03  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

Link?: Link

Message 22/43             21-Nov-03  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

k?....the guy said he was gonna nix the track before we even said anything.......just because it's ON VINYL.
like who needs dt once one gets signed?

now what a friggin twat. oh...he forgot about dt.....quite honestly.
what a puss.
and you're worried about losing the monkey?

geeez.

milan.......read carefully.

Message 23/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

PB

"like who needs dt once one gets signed?"

You are saying once you get signed you would leave the DT community?

Message 24/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

no I think he left cos he thought he was being accused of self voting - I mean .. generaly there's way too much hostility & agro on these forums - why cant people chill

Message 25/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

this is what the guy said when he posted...not me.

i happen to think dt is a perfect place to give peeps a free taste of your stuff....and evenif you have stuff for sale.

what the guy said made no sense to me even though it obviously did to others.

oh...and upon inspection and in response.....i have songs on the chart because i have one or two listeners who like my music and believe they belong. i also get stragglers who occasionally comment on the music too...... generally in favor.
from what i know there may even be a couple more remixes in the works.
i'm so sorry about this

Message 26/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

THIS is HIS quote:

I should really take this track down now as it's out on vinyl. I managed to get it signed to an independent label earlier this year.

*EDIT* Track removed

(end of quote)

it's done with. he's signed and he's happy and don't need dt...that's for sure.

Message 27/43             21-Nov-03  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

Clay... go see doctor Quagmire... guy took the track down because it was signed, but he fucked off because of the accusations.

it pisses me off that ppl here think that everyone who uses the music section also has to be our 'buddy' and participate in the forums... ooer forum police

Message 28/43             21-Nov-03  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

I took the track down as I don't like being accused of chart rigging.
I also don't like being called a friggin twat!

The fact that I got it signed or not has nothing to do with it. I'm still a member of loads of music forums and will continue to be so as long as I am able.
Whether you believe me or not mcc, I didn't vote for it myself and yes I had forgotten about this place until I received a mail saying that someone had voted for it. Seems to me that if people like your track here and start voting for it you are deemed to be rigging the chart.
I don't need that hassle. Sorry.

Message 29/43             21-Nov-03  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

I meant to add a thank you to whoever it was who e-mailed me last night. Thanks for your support.

Message 30/43             21-Nov-03  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

my point of view is this:

1) i NEVER accused you of self-voting. k~ voted for your track.....
as he does on occasion to see a little variety up here....quite often from dt's colorful past. i have no idea how another person could see this song up on the chart and therefor conclude it must be a self-vote? something to do with super-intelligence.. .......i'm figuring.
2) i happen to NOT care if people self-vote themselves onto the chart.
it does bemuse me and annoy me a bit when someone as eager as ____ seems bent on having five-in-a-row or something but hey....i'd rather call the guy out privately as it's usually a newbie and therefor generally uninformed as to the code-of-ethics? around here. i don't have this problem as i have a small cult in east germany which insists i remain visible at dt. THEY vote for me. sorry.
3) i think dt is a great place to have people do a trial-run of one's music especially if one is trying to promote it....even if it's for money. i happen to believe turning your back on the place AFTER/BECAUSE? you get signed is a reflection of something less-than-admirable. then suggesting you FORGOT? about the place is pretty smug.
could it have been that this site actually helped you towards exposure? perhaps you met some people who encouraged your efforts here? prompting you to go on?
so you "forget" about them?.....that seems to be the general rule.
4) i agree you had every right to defend yourself from needless innuendo
regards the self-vote thing....but your response should've been to respect the party who voted for your track and leave it be. they voted for it for a reason.
i only responded to your assessment and the manner in which you sort of slagged a site which i feel is a vital component to getting one's music heard for free in this world.
5) even if i had twenty releases.....i'd still be here every week with some new idea/beat&tune/mix to share as that is the beauty of the place. sorry to those...#!?
you can basically f*kH all and still have an ear or two take it in and have a laugh.
no worries about label's ability to work it in to its image....etc.
whether it works with this week's trend is etc.

perhaps for no other reason is this (dt) possibly the most valuable place in the world.
even if half of us are twats.
=sweet milan.......i never suggested the guy needed to be part of this forum. i'm not sure where you got THAT from.
but you're cute to try. and you do.

6) i notice a general tendency for those most rabid in their self-vote accusations to
need to get at the mixing-board a little more diligently....and produce something and quit always pointing fingers when you're simply wrong more-often-than-not.
perhaps something with a beat and tune that people can enjoy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)