aaa can everyone upload songs ok? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: can everyone upload songs ok?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Sep-04  @  11:37 AM   -   can everyone upload songs ok?

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

i'm getting freaked - it's all the same, all works ok for me, nothings changed..... is everyone ok for adding tracks or is this just a few isolated incidents?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/49             06-Sep-04  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

agreed - i finaly have managed to reproduce the error - if i choose one mp3 file it works, another and 'page not found'

both mp3 files are identical bitrates and were both encoded in wavelab

wierd! - um, we're liasing with the server datacenter to try and find the answer here

hold tight

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

hmmm... i've been thinking about this - the file that WILL upload is an older file encoded mebbe 2 weeks ago or more

the file that will NOT upload is recent, encoded within the last 24 hours

I wonder if some virus or browser hack or something has been sent out on the www by some evil corporates recently which cripples legitimate mp3's and stops them being uploaded

??

like some sort of 'anti-piracy' thing designed to make all your encoded mp3's fail when trying to upload them to whatever service by ftp or browser

i wonder.... ok, it's a bonkers idea, but.... it's that weird!! - there isnt any logical reason otherwise i can think of

I tested the code by removing it completely!! - the page uploads the mp3 file to the 'action' page (the page that processes the file and add's it to the server) -

So with all the code stripped out, all the browser can see is some text, there is NOTHING on the page which pertains to the file contents or processing of the form contents or anything, simply a page with a message in text

the page IS found using an older encoded file, but simply is NOT found using a more recent one

it's THAT bloody weird! - lol - *ghaaaah!!... MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!!!*

Message 23/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

my thought at first was that , mebbe there was tags being included with specific encoders that your file system thing didnt like and was rejecyting but the wavlab test you did seems to have killed that idea---

its a head scratcher tho fer sure, i hope its nothing too sinister

blu

Message 24/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:49 PM     Edit: 06-Sep-04  |  02:50 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bol Toper

That ties in with my problem. The file that will not work was encoded a few days ago. Older ones are ok.

Message 25/49             06-Sep-04  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - BLU

Just tried to upload one ive encoded today for test, but got an error screen saying that uploads were offline just now while you try to sort it.

blu

Message 26/49             06-Sep-04  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

kilo

Link?:  No link

aha - that means the file got thru pok then for you too (i was also getting the DNS Error page not found today when i re-tested with a freshly encoded file)

could you please try it now - we think it's sorted - you should get a message like this: (but the C:\WINNT\TEMP\ .tmp file will have a different random name)

the message will read:
-------

testing - will the addd-file & update page be found if there is no contents on that page

C:\WINNT\TEMP\ACF6D.tmp

We have a serious bug causing certain files to not upload - please bear with us while we try and identiry the cause.

-------

if you DO get that message - then the file is getting thru it's ok... try another file, if you get the the message again, it's sorted and we can switch it back on hopefuly

it's wierd tho that this seems to be an issue with files encoded within the last 4 days or so... wierd.... i know it's crackers, 'conspiracy theory' etc but NOTHING has changed on MY encoding machine...

mebbe something was changed on the server around that time
cheers

Message 27/49             07-Sep-04  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bol Toper

Yes! It works. Successfully uploaded the track on my work PC. I'll try on the mac at home later and let you know if it's ok.

Deano

Message 28/49             07-Sep-04  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

kilo

hey hey - some others have also been sucessfuly added... mebbe it's sorted then - I've managed to add some ok also.

Message 29/49             12-Sep-04  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

woohoo!!!!!!

thanks for the hard work guys!!!!!!!

Message 30/49             12-Sep-04  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

urbicide

whenever I upload using Apple's Safari browser I get kicked offline. Very strange. I've uploaded to other sources without any trouble.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)