aaa Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 24-Dec-04  @  12:09 PM   -   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Have a good one guys n girls.

I hope santa empties his sack for each and everyone of you !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/69             27-Dec-04  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

Link?: Link

have friends with relatives in sri lanka, what a shitter. hope ppl you know are safe and well this night.

Message 22/69             27-Dec-04  @  01:01 AM     Edit: 27-Dec-04  |  01:02 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it in some way. The fact that Beds could truly appreciate his day proves there might actually be hope for the destitute.

I can't complain about one part of my holiday... i'm stuffed to the point of vomiting, laid out from partying, my arms hurt from carrying back presents from my parents and friends... life couldn't be any better.

I did miss my DT friends being away from "ops" so long, though... gotta have your friends around innit.

Peace in the new year, fooks...

Message 23/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

I'm safe and well, Beds.... slept right through it. But it's a big mess down on the islands. Some friends of friends are missing, but luckily noone close to me.

Happy New Year to all at DT.

Message 24/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

I'm safe and well, Beds.... slept right through it. But it's a big mess down on the islands. Some friends of friends are missing, but luckily noone close to me.

Message 25/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

Message 26/69             27-Dec-04  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

holy fucking shit, obviously I don't watch the news on holiday....

Wow...

Mother nature used to be subtle about things, didn't she? wtf happened?

That was a rhetorical question, for those so inclined to answer.

Message 27/69             28-Dec-04  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

Dunno why no one in the path of the tsunami got a warning. If the planet farts various geological survey departments around the globe know about it instantly. We got satellites in space that scan for "rogue" waves. I thought it was pretty much expected that a seismic event at sea causes tsunami, so how come no one thought to warn the countries in its path ?! Even an extra 5 minutes warming would of helped.

Message 28/69             28-Dec-04  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

welder

Well, they said these waves travel really fast (like a jet airplane) until they reach the shores. Unless there is a dedicated alert network (and I mean an automatic system that breaks tv/radio programs and broadcasts a warning instantly, not some sciencist trying to call the local tv station) there's little chance to deliver the information quick enough.

Message 29/69             29-Dec-04  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

There is currently no warning system that alerts for tsunamis, not even in Hawaii where they have one relatively often. I was watching a National Geographic show on Tsunami's two weeks ago and you're hearing these crusading scientists saying that something must be done and that they can hit at anytime. How must they feel now. I remember thinking, like most people probably, "yeah yeah... crazy scientist guy" Now that it hit people want a warning system, but it probably won't hit again here in 200 years. Humans are truly stupid. It also turns out that in the past when people have been warned they flock to the beach wave to see the cool big wave coming in.....

Message 30/69             29-Dec-04  @  03:11 AM     Edit: 29-Dec-04  |  03:29 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

they showed space satelite pictures of it breaking and travelling across the water - truelly a frightening picture to view

It looked MASSIVE in lenght from space- but it was 2 or so hours between erupting and hitting shores of islands/countries -

surely somethijng so clearly viewable from space could be monitored/coded to trigger abnormallity in scan for warnings- 2 hours isnt much but its better than no warning. (or is that already in place ? )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 69 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)