aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/51             17-Jul-05  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

thanks maarten for listening!
priestess is definitely a wake-up call so ample rest is suggested.
it's a strong medicine after all to do-in the head of one of our hardest-banging technonauts.
last question first might be something more sleep-conducive....that and anywhere everywhere~
get your rest man and thanks for commenting.

rags.....
you continue to do me in with your non-stop resilience and kindness.

mcc>

Message 22/51             19-Jul-05  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

groovemonkey

Link?: Link

Welcome back.

Nice things...

Priestess tho like others have said needs to be punked up. big guitars, big drums, mainly coz her voice sounds pumky in this tune.

Anywhere, Everywhere. love the flutesgive it a sort of delicate eastern vibe and the vocals rock!

Last Question first... nice moods, but I think it needs much work to flesh it out

G

Message 23/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks gm for registering your views....not to mention your welcome>

as for priestesssssss...what the fuck is this punk-rock stuff i keep hearing about?
you mean the stuff that became de rigeur back like in 76 and stayed cool til about 1981 or maybe 83?
with all those nasty guitars and vomit all over the place?
we're supposed to try & sound like that?
okay....i'll tell the girls we need to clean up our sound.

i'm glad anywhere everywhere struck a (+) chord.
it's a quite-easy-to-stomach sort of track it seems.

last question first::::: i uploaded as it was karen's birthday and wanted to showcase hers and my sound a bit....you know....i'm glad you enjoyed it's mood....but we'll definitely work on it.
the vocals are really quite trippy and we're unsure as to just HOW trippy we want it to be.

but sacred's potluck is very earthy, almost soulful....at least the vocals are.
i might upload that today.

cheers~

mcc>

Message 24/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

oh fuck it....
yesterday i had a guy over...an old friend who owns (or owned) one of the world's more notoroius punk-rock labels (vinyl communications) with over 110 releases to their credit...and he heard priestess and he didn't said he thought it should have guitars. he and i did notice the eqing a bit ott/off on the lower end as i had just reaaranged my sub-woofer placement and can now hear the low-end more clearly.
maybe one day i'll get the room to sound halfway accurate.... wouldn't that be nice?!
or just get ears.

Message 25/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Well, that punk-rock thingy... I think the idea (at least mine) might be coming from the fact that tere is a ton of raw energy in Jennifer's voice. (And I mean this in the 100% positive way) . So "punk" in this sense means no vomiting and nasty guitars and ugly stinky drunk people, but "rebellion" in a pure form.

Now there is also a big difference between punk and punk, I mean ok. the "poor bastard with spikey hair" is probably a common denominator here and there (sorry if sometimes I am not very clear, but my head is still a bit dizzy because of that small amount of champagne I have just consumed). Ok, where I was... yes, punk and punk and differences. Now I am pretty sure (and let me be clear on this (c) by george w bush 2004) that punk as a musical definition AND cultural stereotype was quite different when you compare it country by country (beleive it or not, there was even hungarian punk, which was more or less a rebellion agains the communist regime).

OK, so punk. There is also music wich is being labelled (or labels itself) as punk even today, and believe it or not, I have seen YOUNG punks drinking and vomiting a few days ago on a festival, so the thing still lives on.

Well.. I think it is time to go to bed.
Good luck to you all, good people of dancetech, I am going for a week vacation from tomorrow...!

cheers,
Rags
(drunken, but... well, at least not THAT drunk )

Message 26/51             20-Jul-05  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

now yea...if by punk-rock we be talkin about barely knowing or understanding>
what the hell one is doing on some level.....and caring an awful lot......not......
and being rather innocent and naive and brash and honest and pure and full of zeal and venom and
angst and joy and wonder...then again yea.

priestess is about reclamation......of power and authority over one's life.....this is in response to a couple millenium of repressive patriarchal religious dogma which serves us little except in terms of getting us to bow to some stodgy old german guy sitting somewhere far away with all his screwy ideas about what we can and can't do with our bodies our minds our souls....excuse me....did i say our souls?
as if we ourselves have any right to say anything about the matter.

ohhhh.....pardon me monsieur.....no not me......i would not and could dare not ask it of thee.

but anyway rags....yeah good ol punk rock.
that's a spirit i can fly....like a kite on a sunny day.
a distortion pedal hooked into an old casio.....
a poet screaming at the trees begging forgiveness......that sort of thing.

i hear ya~

Message 27/51             23-Jul-05  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

a short but HUGE THANKS!!! to lowteknetwork for a very thoughtful review of priestess!!!

mcc>

Message 28/51             23-Jul-05  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

a short but HUGE THANKS!!! to lowteknetwork for a very thoughtful review of priestess!!!

mcc>

Message 29/51             25-Jul-05  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

if i had to describe sacred's potluck...i'd say it sounded like early iggy producing the cocteau twins..... with maybe a tracy or diana in a somewhat woeful but resigned mood.

feasts on....enjoy~

Message 30/51             25-Jul-05  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

2 mins - voice needs sorted, or recorded again

Its barely a track/musical piece just now, needs more variation, sounds very amateur to be honest - take away the vocal and the track loops itself from start to end with the odd effect thrown on here and there

You havea whole band there as it were clay, and a vibe to match, but the track/s show little ambition/technique - You guys are obviously having alot of fun doing this stuff which is the main thing however, some more focussed skills on recording and mixing/arranging need addressed so you dont let your side of the team down perhaps?. Quality not quantity is the new black i hear!

Alan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)