aaa Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 08-Dec-05  @  01:39 AM   -   Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

2nd mouse

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've had my tracks hosted here for over a month now. One of them has been played 147 times , but I've yet to have anyone leave a message to say if they even liked it.
7161 doesnt have a very welcoming vibe , and I got an " I'm alright Jack " feeling from here.
This message will probably be sneered at , but if there are a lot of people getting that sense about 7161 , people will feel alienated and the numbers will dwindle as they go to graze on other pastures.
This is the first time I've been back here in about 3 weeks and theres not a single review of any of my tracks. I have them based elsewhere , and there isn't this kinda problem at those sites

Just my 2 cents -------------------- 2ndMOUSE

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/55             09-Dec-05  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

u stopped makin music (?)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/55             09-Dec-05  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

psylichon

Link?: Link

hehe k ya farkin alci...

yeah, it's been quite quiet around here. I, like a lot of people I assume, don't generally do reviews unless I have something recent up myself. Call it selfishness, human nature, whatever, but I been on a dry spell lately so.... no reviews

these things come and go in waves, and I try not to let myself get upset about it.

but yeah, if you don't post SOMEthing in the tracks forum, there's really no surprise you have no reviews. Usually people need a thread in which to post a review... and are reluctant to start one for a track unless it REALLY blows them away. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing a review thread that wasn't started by the artist.

Message 23/55             09-Dec-05  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

beds

on every track page, there's a button for adding a review, and a counter for total reviews. innit. no need to start a thread.

but aye, i don't review anything. too lazy. might do some over christmas when i'm bored at my mother's house.

Message 24/55             09-Dec-05  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

well this is the issue isnt it... like i said, there's so many sites (inc' large ones where the user is hidden amongst too many artists so the 'visitor to artist' ratio is often lower than for smaller sites), so many bands, so many 'artists' & producers... and that's totaly outside the 'biz' (no distribution, deal etc)

You 'could' spend 24 hours a day for the rest of your life listening to unsigned acts online and you'd never hear a fraction of them.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 25/55             09-Dec-05  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Influx

k wrote:

u stopped makin music (?)

yup. basically

could be just a "pause" really...havent even tried anything since last what...april? may? variety of influences...but I actually sold my Virus, monitors, 828MKII...

I do still have a decent PC and a Novation XStation so its not like I _cant_...just dont feel the urge. I guess I wasnt all that passionate about it? dunno...long story. Id have to pay a therapist to listen to it

Message 26/55             09-Dec-05  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

SDUB

2nd Mouse, who do you make music for?

Message 27/55             09-Dec-05  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

SDUB

hey Influx, don't give on music patna!!! You got quality stuff and your time will come, stay strong.

Peace.

Message 28/55             10-Dec-05  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Influx

I appreciate the compliment. glad you liked what you heard, but...my time will come?

sorry, I disagree. not even sure what "my time" would be...recognition? I dunno, theres a saying regarding success...something about things taking 5 years to pan out...Ive been at it for far longer, had more people flake on me than I care to acknowledge anymore, more experience with TALK than I can comprehend, and nothings come of it

doesnt mean I'll never "write music" again, but the idea of public release...and any sort of income from it...its 99.9% fantasy imo.

Message 29/55             10-Dec-05  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Absorb Fish

Aww say it isnt' true influx.

i still rock out on your tunes quite a bit.

Message 30/55             10-Dec-05  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

he's right, most artists make a pitance.. dont go into music for money (or any art for that matter)

then there's the music 'biz' - y'know Simon Cowell started out doing a song with 2 glove puppets didnt he? - but that's not about artistic intergrity etc, that's making 'PRODUCT' to sell to make money - different

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)