aaa how many people remember... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: how many people remember...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 13-Dec-06  @  08:13 PM   -   how many people remember...

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

k's name at dancetech before he switched to k?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/65             21-Dec-06  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

btw, not sure what'll happen next year. We got approached by a company who want to dev the 2 sites, they are preparing some plan so we'll have to see. At the meeting the guy was saying he thought 7161 could be a sort of 'more exclusive' Myspace... lets see what they come up with, could be an interesting year with the new server pipe also coming.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/65             21-Dec-06  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Moujik

Link?: Link

The one i credit for DT's demise in forum activity is MCC/Man called clay.

Interesting... I was wondering about this the other day. My take was that all the old "regulars" had grown up & had kids and stuff, and stopped pissing around with silly machines that go bleep

Go for it K! Selling out is cool

Message 23/65             21-Dec-06  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

cheeky foocker!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/65             21-Dec-06  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

milan wrote:

speaking of... i recently found an electronic music artist called Nobody, doing ambient-ish soundscapes and stuff. could that be the same one??

Could be. It's been a few years since I last was in touch with him and he was into d&b and probably some other stuff but I think he was getting into ambient soundscapes too. Not sure though. He definitely added some color to this place too.

Message 25/65             22-Dec-06  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

damballah

greetings all. someone say vodka?

Message 26/65             22-Dec-06  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

hehe it's damballah! What's up? have you been around or are you another one who came crawling back? We all do ya know.

Message 27/65             22-Dec-06  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

darin_zeoli

Link?:  No link

Well, I check in every now and again. Glad to see some people stayed and the right people left. There were some real assholes here who really ruined it. Politics decided who listened to whose music which isn't right. No offense k, but I think the forums should have been moderated better. Unfortunately, anarchy reigned and lots of the regulars left.

Moujik is right on my account. I grew up, had kids, and started facing my own reality of raising family, paying bills, and trying to make my way. Stopped music entirely for now - I kept some of my equipment so when the kids are a little older, they too can drop some tracks and learn how to make music the right way.

I ran into Mindspawn the other day and chatted for a while. Sounds like he is doing GREAT!! Hopefully we'll be able to meet up sometime soon.

Message 28/65             22-Dec-06  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Maarten

Wasn't it Benjisomething...? Argh, tell me- I need my sleep again.

Message 29/65             23-Dec-06  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

i thought it was only when we DID start to moderate that people got the hump & left... or was it all a dream?

Message 30/65             23-Dec-06  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Darin aka Def Z

Link?:  No link

I left before the boards were moderated so I can't speak to that. People come and go, as you know, but I suspect the post count went down as soon as the shit-stirrers left. Not necessarily a bad thing, no?

k wrote:

i thought it was only when we DID start to moderate that people got the hump & left... or was it all a dream?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)