aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/79             02-Jan-99  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pelle

KRAFTWERKS sounds. as in MAN.MACHINE sounds.

Message 22/79             02-Jan-99  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pmorg

If anything the SUPERNOVA needs a lot more drum sounds, which is surprising considering the success of the drumstation. Personally I would like some 'triphop' style snares and kicks. It seems evident that the majority of the factory presets are aimed at house, techno and garage musicians. It would be nice to include some darker sounds(MASSIVE ATTACK/PORTISHEAD).For example some dirty sounding arpeggios like in INERTIA CREEPS, which is probably done with a NORD. Another instument I would love would be a Rhodes piano sound. Although I do agree that you should not have too many acoustic emulations, some more string sounds would be nice (performances that build up over time?) Overall though I am extreamly pleased with the SUPERNOVA, my favourite sound is probably WATERPHONES,more subtle dark sounds like that would be great.

Message 23/79             03-Jan-99  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

antfast666

any date on ver3 yet?
I sill have a very worrying bug to do with saving sounds in performance mode and I am due to go on tour in march and I cant go without my supernova now!

Message 24/79             08-Jan-99  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

roger

I really am addicted to those hollow sounding "square wave" bass sounds. Putting them into the Reverb and play 'round with the filter section...I almost can see the stars... :-)

What I also like are aggressive noisy and/or distorted leads (in "Prodigy"- or "Future Sound of London"-Stile).

Since this is the first time that I post to this forum I would like to tell you (Phill) that I really am excited about the rich sound of this powerhouse. But there is something with the LED of the 18dB Filter: it's dead! This diod doesn't emit light anymore :-(

Message 25/79             31-Jan-99  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

First of all, let me say that this box is a true monster. Very well done! I've noticed a few things that don't work as I'd like them to, and didn't know where to send my suggestions. Maybe this will all be familiar to you already; maybe it's too late
for OS3 suggestions, but I just wanted to get in a word or two. Here are my comments, in order of their importance to me:

1. LFOs don't synch properly to MIDI clock; they lag behind the beat. This functionality is essential to the music I make.
2. LFOs should be assignable to ENVs. This makes it easy to hold one
note, for example, and create rhythmic lines which never repeat if 's/h' is used.
3. Pan speed should be synchable to MIDI clock.
4. I need a list of arp patterns. I could make my own, I guess, but why
not include them in the manual, or put the list online?
5. I haven't found a 'random' arp pattern, another essential function
for me. Again, I *could* fabricate one on my own but it wouldn't
really be random, would it?
6. While I'm on the subject of arps, it would be nice to have 'swing'
values included along with regular 8ths and 16ths.
7. The page up/down buttons should scroll.
8. All time-based features should be displayed in milliseconds.
9. I think the delay ratio should be continuous, i.e., not set at 1:1,
1:.5, 1:.66, etc. While this is very handy, I sometimes want other
values.
10. You can never have too long delay times :>)

I know this looks like a lot, but I think most of them are not out of
the realm of OS3. I do *love* this synth!

Message 26/79             31-Jan-99  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Kinetik

For random Arp patterns try Mono 8, 9 & 10.

Pattern Mono 8 plays completely randomly.

Pattern Mono 9 is as Mono 8 but the same note is never played twice in a row (when more than one note is held)

Pattern Mono 10 continually plays all the notes held down once in a random order.

Message 27/79             01-Feb-99  @  01:40 AM   -   missing Supernova - knob

highclaes

Hi Phil,

I am a very lucky owner the superbasstation, drumstation and supernova.

But I have one problem: by stupid coincidences , a knob of the supernova got loose and I can't find it anywhere!

I bought the 3 machines at Key music, Ankerstraat 81,
St.Niklaas Belgium.

Would youplease be so kind to send a new knob to either my adress or to Key Music?

Thanks on beforehand

Gert CLAES

K. CARDIJNLAAN 29

B-2640 MORTSEL
BELGIUM

Message 28/79             02-Feb-99  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Andy Prinz

Hi,

I really love my Supernova but there's one thing I'm quite disappointed about.
This machine's not able to do fast volume controllers. Well, in my TRANCE-Style, you often use this "hacker-effect" which is typical - but it doesn't work. Hope you'll fix that in OS3!! The sounds are good, do more programs like "Poppy" or so..
Keep on ravin'

Message 29/79             03-Feb-99  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Please expand on the volume problem.

Phill@Novation

Message 30/79             03-Feb-99  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

I guess he means "zipper noise".

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)