aaa Rebirth 1.5 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rebirth 1.5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 19-Oct-97  @  11:16 PM   -   Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey everybody.. it's out if you want it...
http://www.propellerheads.se/index.html..
Haven't dld the demo yet, gotta run off to the store for some DAT tapes, but I"ll check it out when I dl it later.. happy birthday!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/75             27-Oct-97  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

well, the self-righteousness paints a Scandanavian, but I'm afraid the tone of voice is an American. (boo-hoo) I thought we'd come so far....

as far as I can see, Propellorheads have only helped homogenize electronic music anyway. Thanks, you fuckin' generic swedes, like we fuckin' need another goddamn 303-emulator and a sample cutting program that takes less than a brain to operate. Last time I checked, it was fun to cut up samples by hand. Shit, you talk as if jungle couldn't have existed without it.

hehehe, now I'm just fuckin' wit people for fun. And the language-thing, Rodney, you don't seem to have that natural ability we get growing up in the cities to swear without sounding like an asshole. u wanna cerrect mi spellin' errers fo' me?

Message 22/75             27-Oct-97  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Matt_Riddell

Come on guys (/girls?) give kilo a break! If this site wasn't here you wouldn't be moaning on it. I think it has got to be the best site I have seen in the area of this kind of shit. You know what? I'm also a software developer and if I write a program and someone cracks then all due respect to them. Maybe you guys would be a bit more suited on a site like Microsoft.Com!

I mean give the guy a break!

Matt
(Londonian)

Message 23/75             27-Oct-97  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Well all I can say is that I am dam pleased that I didnt buy Rebirth because its a pile of toilet. You buttheads go on keep buying all the shit coz while its there for free I'm ganna ave some! Rodney and no name have you got itchy willies?.

Message 24/75             27-Oct-97  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

the ref.

everyone just chill out man!!!!!! pay or no pay it your own choice. You select a route you select the consequences
we are all in this together. As for saying about kilo like that, go and find your own site to piss off he's spent the time to create it then give him respect i beleve that you represent the only person here who is like that so FUCK OFF, we dont need you- rodney your cool, but mister no name I THINK NOT!!!!!

Message 25/75             27-Oct-97  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

KILO

LISTEN RODNEY.. I dont need some stupid sarcy lecture about grammer based on an obvious spelling mistake........comprendez ??....... You just come over as being a smart arse.....

Oh..... question Rodney .... did you ever tape a cassette of some music from a cd or record ever ??..........

well that's piracy as well actually......... but of course.... YOU NEVER EVER DID IT HUH ???.......never ever ever ever made a cassette.... or do you write first to ASCAP and ask permission ?????.....your not even allowed technically to make a cassette of a CD you paid for, to play in your car or ghettoblaster.....THAT is the law !!!!.....but.....

..... everyone does it... however in a court of law, you'd get the same as a crack s/w user....... the music biz is making bloody billions..... it actually employs more people than any other industry in the UK at least....and is also one of the highest earners in the UK's business sector, yet it still skanks all the artists.....

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE LEGAL MINIMUM OFFERABLE TO AN ARTIST FOR A RECORD DEAL IS ??.....6% POXY PERCENT !!!!!!! OF 90% OF NET !!!!!.......(after expenses, video promo costs, recording costs marketing costs, design costs, mastering costs, pressing costs, distribution costs..... ZERO !!!...)

they impose stuff like SCMS on our dat machines so we can't even copy our own bloody music more than a few times without an SCMS stripper !!!........ and bleat on about home taping killing music etc.....and they still want to have a tax added to worldwide music sales to cover thier claimed losses....which will push UP the price of music.....

Get a life I say........ if rebirth was 30 quid instead of 150, then I'm sure there'd be less people using a crack........ hey but in the end, steinberg are wealthy, and one of the worlds top s/w houses...... so what ??..... are these people bankrupting them ?? .... obviously no..... In fact, true or not, I actually heard a roumour that steinberg released some early Cubase cracks themselves as a promo for the reguistered programmes ??? !!!......!!... and another thing....

Did you notice amongst all this litigatious talk, the S/W houses STILL manage to impose a no-option on YOUR behalf disclaimer on ALL software saying in effect.....

"We dont say this software works, and dont guarantee it to do the job we say it will do.... no comebacks at all.....we can legally make you wait for anything up to a year or more to get it to work, even if in the literature and brochures and manual says it WILL work with whatever set-up or card you have etc......you can in fact be used as a paid guinue-pig to test our software & pay for the privalege.... etc etc etc"........ and dont tell me that's bollox, cos my mate had to wait for a year to get a Cubase that DID work with his DAL card....AS IT CLAIMED IN WOULD IN THE CUBASE USER MANUAL !!!!!!

dont notice any complaining about THAT !!!!!!

AND AS FOR YOU MR NO-NAME...... POINT AWAY.......EXPOSE ME......I'M SHITTING MYSELF (especially at your mega-hard-man verbal !!!)....... THEY'RE GONNA CLOSE ME DOWN ....ARGGHHHH!!!!!..... YEAH RIGHT !!!.... GO AWAY AND WRITE A BIBLE OR SOMETHING...... THIS SITE ACTUALLY PROMOTES ALL THE COMPANIES GOODS, AND, HANDS OUT LEGAL PROPER DEMO'S ALSO...... SO THEY GET FREE PROMO AND A FREE MIRROR SERVER.....AS WELL AS FREE RA FACILITIES FOR PUNTERS TO LISTEN TO THIER SYNTHS ETC, COS THEY IN MOST CASES DONT SET UP THAT FACILITY !!!!!!.......HOW COME AKAI, ROLAND, QUASIMIDI, WALDORF, ETC ARE ACTUALLY OFFERING GOODS TO BE REVIEWED THEN ?????...........PROBLEM IS....UNLIKE ALL THE MAGAZINES, I DONT GET PAID WHOPPING GREAT BUNDLES OF MONEY EACH WEEK TO REVIEW SYNTHS......SO I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THE TIME TO ADD MORE STUFF OR BELIEVE ME THOSE REVIEWS WOULD BE POSTED ALREADY !......whereas..... the music mag's rake in thousands per full-page ad' monthly.....believe me, if I could get sponsorship, this webzine would explode with new stuff.......

Also to answer your query Rodders......a miserable life dying in agony ???....... I take that as wishing violence upon someone dont you ?...... you shouldn't do that kinda stuff mate........

obviously, there's always gonna be people posting slaggings at a site like this, where there is no closed user group...... I dont really care, cos I'm not into censoring stuff...... if you are saying that allowing people to talk about cracked s/w is condoning it, then I guess you need a dictionary to help you define condone....... I just beleive in free speech.... after all, did I remove these slaggings directed at me ??..... all I have to do is erase them from the server database.... no....who cares.... I have 'nuff mail from people saying thanks for saving them time & money...... That's MY way of helping the world dance community you gas on about.....trying to help newcomers NOT wasting their money by walking into the nearest music dealer to get sold some new expensive crap, that the dealer knows is due to be replaced in 2 weeks with a newer better model, or a new item no better than something they could get S/H for cheaper etc etc etc........trying to give newbies some reference, basic instructions about terms, FX etc etc etc..... I also try to encourage newbies to believe that they CAN make a good track for a small investment.... they maybe read all the glossy mags and think..."Shit !!.. I need thousands of dollars..."..... this helps to get people creative..... better than being discouraged yes ?

My official position on Rebirth is:

well, if you really want a 303 emulation for home recording....great it does the job, and saves a heap of dosh..... no complaints.......even the price is reasonable for what it does.......certainly cheaper than a real 303...... so can you leave me alone now......

Lastly I'll say.........you guys see the posts here, but beleive me, there 's nuff mail comes in from newbies who just read the FAQ's etc & dont post here......

oh.. and incidently, I got a mail..... today in fact, from some guy who said...." Thanx for the advice.... tell the (3) companies concerned that I actually bought their software's because of this site !!.....

the guy read the reviews, downloaded the demo's, and coughed up for 3 seperate programmes at once....... hard life huh ?

Message 26/75             28-Oct-97  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

When I read the shit Kilo was getting, I was all set to yell and say "Fuck You!" a lot, but I think that Kilo stood up for himself quite well, and I couldn't really add anything intelligent.. but, Kilo is a really great guy (as far as I know him, living on another continent) who spends a lot of time helping people out and goes out of his way... I think that any longtime Dancetech viewer would agree with me in saying that, if you are working with Electronic music, this site is an absolutely INDISPENSABLE resource.. And Kilo is the man who makes it all happen.. He doesn't seem 17, he sounds down-to-earth and not full of shit like some corporate exec trying to hock his newest product.
Kilo deserves way more respect than you have given him, guys.

Message 27/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Oh damn, shit's goin' off here.... Yeah, well anyway, in my opinion cracks and warez are cool, as long as they're not being used for commercial gain. Personally I look at Rebirth as being a bit of a toy anyway. I don't know if anyone's used it for an album or anything, but I suppose the 808 is ok, but you don't get separate outs for all the drums like a real 808, do you?

Here in Australia Rebirth retails for $395, so Rodney probably would have paid somewhere between $300 & $350 for his copy...For the same money or less you could get a second soundcard which would enable you to use the demo version and sample the output into the other card. I've read this here before, I can't remember who talked about it, but it works and you don't have to buy the software to use the sounds in your tracks.

Another thing, who the !#%* are Steinberg and Proppellor heads to be making money from software clones of real machines originally made years ago by Roland??? So what if they made the program themselves, they're still ripping off the design and sounds from another company. Isn't this STEALING? Think about it, especially you Rodney, ya hypocrite. Get a life and stop giving Aussies a bad name.

Message 28/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rarb15rc.zip is the file.

Message 29/75             28-Oct-97  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Well kilo, actually you werem doing more than just letting the bloke have free speech... you were saying why its ok to steal intellectual property...AND you also WERE trying to cansor this site you hypocrite when you told rodney to watch his language, AND copying a tape for your own use is one thing, and I don't care to get into the legality of that issue,
BUT... copying a tape and selling it or posting it for free is not only illegal... it wrong.. and the same goes for software......

Message 30/75             28-Oct-97  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Peezahj

(phew) he's an Aussie? Thank god

Once, a guy was buying something from me, and he asked if I would lower the price if he game me some crack. Here I was all ready to get hittin' the pipe, and he pulls a disk out of his pocket. Man, what a let down.

So I guess I paid for cracked s/w. Is that still immoral? ;-)

Thanks for the great site, Kilo, it's not just for newbies (& no, I didn't actually pay for warez).

Hilevelt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)