aaa New MPC2000xl user questions - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: New MPC2000xl user questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 05-Apr-00  @  07:47 PM   -   New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have just added a MPC2000xl to my studio and have a question. Is there a way to set the samples to play only while I hold the pad down versus triggering the sample and it play all the way through?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/34             15-May-00  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

first of all, max out the memory methinks. And then, if you`re using a mixing desk (and so u should) get the 8 output expansion so u can eq yer individual sounds + add compression/outboard efx. The efx card is ok and its felxible as hell, but I`d recommend demoing it b4 splashing out. Current OS is 1.11.

Message 32/34             19-May-00  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: thanx r-tek

danrek98

I was recommended the MackieMS 1202-VLZ mixer.The best bang for the buck but i will most definitely max out the memo. I was planning on getting the triton but i've decided to get the mpc+ possibly the korgN364 or xp30. What do you guy's think?

Message 33/34             22-May-00  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

i just came from trying to controle my uWave with the mpc fader... i thought one could asign cc to the fader to controle external gear but u can't!!! boooommmer... the control nr. in the assign window is used for selecting a cc. number to controle the fadre from an external controler/sequencer ..like say if u want to hyper draw the fader movement in logic cubase ect.. prehpas we should gather a wish list for the mpcxl hmm..

Message 34/34             28-May-00  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

not so lucky

Here's a funny story It Took me 4,that was no typo,to get one that would even start up out of the box.I'm almost positive the first 2 were just OS related but the third wouldn't play on the top 4 pads.Well number 4 works good but they stuck me w/ the floor model after telling me they would order another for me.I had a crap computer then and i just didn't know although I should have(I've got one of those damn S5000s also,NO PORTAMENTO,NO MONO MODE,NO HOPE.)THE STORE I BOUGHT MY GEAR FROM IS MARS CORPORATE ASSHOLE NATIONAL CHAIN.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GET PAID FOR ALL THIS BETA TESTING I'M DOING FOR AKAI.Maybe they should take some of the millions of dollars they spend on fielding that Formula 1 racecar and hire some software engineers who don't push incomplete instruments on an unsuspecting public
Cheers;)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)