aaa Nasty A5000 bug - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Nasty A5000 bug

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Apr-00  @  03:36 PM   -   Nasty A5000 bug

swampman

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just reporting on a nasty bug that happened to me tonight. I was copying the real drum CD that comes with the sampler to a 8 gb EIDE harddrive. After a while the sampler puked out "disk is full or to many itmes" or something like that. To many items? What? I mean an ordinary file system doesnt run out of items, it runs out of diskspace! But here is the bad thing: The partition i copied to is empty and renamed! This isnt the only bug ive found out. Sometimes during copy from CD to HD it just hangs.

I just HATE the Yamaha filesystem!!!
Why the F**K cant they use a filesystem like DOS where the limit isnt 1 gb and where home PC users can copy files A5000 <-> PC without to much fuzz???

I just HATE the file system!

Nice getting that out of my chest...

/SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/34             24-Jun-00  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

component

So I know this tread is a little bit old. I wanted to see how you (swampman) are getting along with the A5000. I thinking about picking a A4000 up as my first sampler and would like to know if there is any extra _____ you would suggest to purchase along with it. I played with it today at a local music store. It looks straight forward enough to become pretty intuitive in sort time. Review? Advice? Any thing would be greatly appreciated.

Message 32/34             14-Jul-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

acarlay

get it component.. it's a kick ass machine.. it will do just about everyting for you.. i like the fact that every sample has its own 1 band parametric eq... that's powerful stuff..
i'm trying to make it my only gear in my setup now including my Viurs B and O1v mixer.. getting rid of my triton and 505.

cheers.

Message 33/34             18-Jul-00  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

olafmol

are you people actually making music with your gear or are you working as unpaid bugfinders?

OK, my A3000 OS2 has some bugs, but i can live with them, work around them and make music with it...i guess all the new devices have some bugs in them, being akai, emu or yamaha..

i agree that if you have to transfer loads of big and long samples the yammies aren't for you because of the relatively slow SCSI-transfer...

Olaf

Message 34/34             19-Jul-00  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

Jasper

I don't see the scsi speed as any big deal though.. ok maybe live but it just forces you to be more creative with filling in some gaps with synths while a track loads.. thing is you can load up multiple tracks easily enough and flick between them via a program change message.

Had this thing nearly 2 years now and I discovered a new technique with it last night.. great.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)