aaa Don’t buy the CS6x!!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 09-May-00  @  04:39 PM   -   Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

arie-z

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Don’t buy the CS6x. It sucks big time. Don’t let all the positive reviews fool you. I’m beginning to feel sorry I ever bought the thing. The appegiator doesn’t sync to midi clock. So all you dance producers have a major problem, unless you want to write out all your arpeggio’s.
I also have a PLG-AN installed. You wouldn’t believe how long it took to figuur out how the damn thing worked and most of the stuff aren’t mentioned in the manual. I have been trying for weeks to get support from Yamaha, but they always keep beating around the bush. I finally got some positive help. Not from Yamaha, but from G.Gregson (author of the PLG-AN editor).
Now that I know how it works, I discovered that it’s so difficult and time consuming, that I probably won’t use the thing. So that’s the story. I would certainly think twice before buying it.

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/34             17-May-00  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Chris T

Th CS6x is a great synth!
I cannot understand why you tell people not to buy it when it is the optional plugin boards you are having problems with.The CS6x on its own is awesome but with some of the plugins fitted its even better.Yamaha should be praised for giving us these options.
Also you can edit and save the PLG patches into the 64 locations as I have done this myself.
If you make new patches on the editor you can store these as full banks(1-128) onto the memory card quite easily.They load back into the user locations within seconds so what is the problem?
Why are you not using the editor supplied with the plugin board?
As for the arpeggiator problem,Yamaha are currently working on a fix which will be released within the next week.
I really do think you are being very unfair to what is a great piece of equipment,maybe you have just not got the hang of it yet.

Message 32/34             19-May-00  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Chris T

I have a CS6x with the PLG150-AN board fitted and this is what I have found so far(only had it 1 month)-
All the voices that come with the PLG150-AN as standard can be edited and stored permanently in the 64 memory locations.So far I have done this and they still seem to be the same after the CS6x has been switched off and back on again.
If you use other 3rd party patches( for example AN1x patches downloaded from various websites) they can also be used but must be saved onto the memory card as a named bank to be loaded into the 128 USER locations when you switch on the CS6x.

Message 33/34             12-Jun-00  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

:-)

HA HA HA HA
YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY!
b.t.w
the cs6x is an amazing synth
BUY IT NOW!

Message 34/34             04-Jul-00  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

ME

YO ARIE SHUT UP.
DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR AND GO EXTRATERESSTIAL.
LULLO.......
PS.LIL' BIT LATE BUT HEY!!!!!CANT HAVE IT ALL

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)