aaa trouble with my new syntechno - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: trouble with my new syntechno

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  09:59 PM   -   trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

just arrive today, and the power light is out. It plays, but the cutoff know makes filter distorion noise when the fdecay is applied at any level. It is a very noticble zipery crackle if you try and tweek the cutoff when any amount of decay is applied. Do you think is my unit or is that charaacteristic of these units. I can't hear this present in their demos , so i think this unit is ground bad or something. I tried changing power supplies but to no avail. I think i am going to have to return it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/39             03-Aug-01  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

OnAcid

Link?:  No link

The ringmodulator on the TeeBee is a real badass :-) Very nice for tranceriffs

Message 32/39             03-Aug-01  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

Link?: Link

what about the audio In ??  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/39             05-Aug-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

8life8

yhea congrats u'll love it! only downside is that the unit doesn't respond to midi volume controle only velocity, not realy a problem unless u r running it from lets say a step sequencer like I am ..urrg .. also I seam to get stuck notes quite often, again not realy a big problem.. but it's scary to think of it in a live act .. but non the less the unit is smokeing ..

Message 34/39             05-Aug-01  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Are you using the controler 0 to do slides. The stuck notes could be from passing a controler 0 with a value of 1(on) and then you stop the sequencer before passing the controller 0 0(off). i noticed this with the demo riffs I downloaded. then after looking a the event list i realized what was going on. When on, the last note played will sustain infinitly.

Audio in? sure, I'll get to it. I have been playing riffs so much I forgot.......
I am trying to mimic all of my favorates and get a feel for it. Getting the note duration right is tricky. How many ticks at 960 should they be. I'll figure it out.

I wish it had an accent knob. One advantage to the Next\MAM, but that the only thing. On the MAM over 120 was accent on, under 100 was off, and the amount was that of the knob. Now you have to draw in your accent envelop increases in your sequencer, but very tedious.

I would like to get an tube screamer pedal for it.

Message 35/39             07-Aug-01  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

8life8

tube screamer pedal..now that's what I'm talking about   .. thnaks for the tip on the note sustain, u might b right on that one .. as for accent: velocity 127 or above 120 (dunno can't remeber) gives u accent so it's just as easy as with the mam units ..

Message 36/39             08-Aug-01  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

just as easy to sequence, but the MAM Has an accent amount knob so you can dial it in . That way you make only one sequence loop with the accents in there then dial them in with the knob real time. I thought that was how the Next 4.4, and MAM worked.

Hey K, Filter in is smooth as hell. I am sending my DX100(no filter) through an aux to the Teebee. It filters very warm and smooth. Much more responce than i expected. no clipping, but it does the job of filtering my no filter DX synth.

Message 37/39             08-Aug-01  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

you can have the ring modulation or the osc going with your sound as well. Interesting, and the filter adds harmonic distorion that really warms up the sounds and gives it punch. You can over drive the sound nicely by increasing the input level.My DX-100 haas never sounded this cool. Brett

Message 38/39             08-Aug-01  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

Link?: Link

heh heh - hmm... the dx100 used by Derrik May had an oberheim filter bodged into it...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 39/39             10-Aug-01  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

I have "Strings of life" 12" from way back. do ya think that piano riff is on the DX-100? sounds like it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)