aaa Trance & Hardhouse claps ?? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  12:28 AM   -   Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Andy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi, Does anybody know were I can get claps you here in Trance and Hardhouse tracks? I don't mean the standard 909 clap , but long snappy one's I here. Is it a special drum machine that they use? If so which one? I have a couple of sample cd's, but not 1 decent clap on it. Can anyone help?
Andy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/39             11-Feb-02  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

milan

Link?:  Link

haha...i cant believe anyone fell for the "thats my room" stunt, ESPECIALY not influx!
anyway, thats a Neve VR Legend on the pic, i´m the geezer on the left, and the nose picker is... well, just a nose picker :-þ

oh, and the guys in the back are the horn section of a funk band. i was just sitting in on their session, influx and maarten rest easy  

so... i´m glad i helped someone out, plus everyone had a bit of fun. just how DT should be. i picked up lots of tips here so it´s pnly fair to some back in. and now, for my thank you speech...

cheers, m ;)

Message 32/39             11-Feb-02  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

influx

"steve: 'influx, what are you like"

what the hell does that mean?

Milan..as for thinkin it might be yours? Well..I cant tell what make the mixer is, AND it really does look like a bedroom! so bleah!

Message 33/39             11-Feb-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

well, go to www.google.com and do a search for 'clap sample' - there's tons to download around the www

Message 34/39             11-Feb-02  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

steve

errrr ......its sort of the same as saying "where *did* they find you?"

Comprendez?

Message 35/39             11-Feb-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

damballah

Link?: Link

here's a clever way to get a clap sample. stick a microphone in front of you, hit record/smaple, smack your hands together.

unless you're talking about some other sort of clap sample. you can get a sample of that clap by sticking yo wang in some stanky ho.

where did they find you?

Message 36/39             11-Feb-02  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Link?: Link

Damb allah, that original. Why didn't I think up that one :-p

Message 37/39             24-Feb-02  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

test update add

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 38/39             24-Feb-02  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

BEATS 1 0 0 0  |  2 0 0 0  |  3 0 0 0  |  4 0 0 0
kik 1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0
hat o 0 0 1 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  0 0 1 0
hat cl 1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0
clap 0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  0 0 0 0  |  1 0 1 0

test new forum code with added drum grid

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 39/39             13-Apr-02  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

hifi

There are two ways to get the trance hard dance clap sound

1. Overdrive your clap and then limit or compress it (that is turn up the amplitude on the sample until it distorts, then compress, filter and limit)

2. Throw the standard "clap reverb" on it. The basic settings are - short predelay (20-40 millisecs), decay around 0.8-1 sec (adjust for the temp of your track), low cut around 250hz, high cut and or damping around 7khz. Use about 25-40% reverb, the rest dry. Experiment with those basic settings to get the sound you're after.

3. combine 1 and 2

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)