aaa New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 24-Feb-98  @  10:12 PM   -   New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

orprofi

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi ,everyone. Did you hear 'bout new Yamaha's
PCI Soundcard called SW1000XG.
20(!!!)Mb of ROM,64 poly, 31 multitimbral+ 1 part of realtime VL synthesis, 7 parallel DSP 24-bit effects, 2 AD inputs (like in SW60XG) for external effect processing, S/PDIF, 24 Channel HD Recorder. The only Quetion : How much does it cost ? Well. I don't know. But if the price will be temperate-moderate i will sell my old but nice SW60XG and buy this really cool stuff.

Somebody knows the price ? Please......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/58             21-Sep-98  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flackt

I have both SW1000XG & DS2416, I got both from a Japanese retailer and both are pretty cool. You can link them together using a cable and route SW1000XG audio&midi into any DS2416 channel.

Message 32/58             22-Sep-98  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Could you give some more info on the retailer, and if that version works with an american ibm pc (perhaps a stupid question ;) ) Is it worth waiting for the official release?

Message 33/58             22-Sep-98  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

How much was SW1000XG?

Message 34/58             24-Sep-98  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flackt

The card was about $570 US and the PLG 100 VL board was about $130. I bought it from a Japanese retailer (check www.soundonsound.com) and all the soft and manuals came in Japanese so I can't really use them. The card comes with XG Works for SW1000XG wich is really cool, so, maybe you guys should wait until either an european or american version comes out, I'm working my way to get an english cd. The driver works fine though.
I use the card along with Cakewalk and it does a pretty fine job, it's really easy to create an studioware panel to automate your mix since everything in the built-in hardware mixer is controlled using midi data unlike the DS2416. I also purchased XGEdit v 2.6 wich now fully supports this card.

Regards

Message 35/58             24-Sep-98  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

atrius

Thanx for the info

Message 36/58             25-Sep-98  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jhall

I read in Future Music that the card had the same chip as is in the A3000 sampler and they hinted that Yamaha may release a sampling daughter board for the Card some time soon.

I wonder if anyone has any more info. / rumours.

I would buy one tomorrow if I knew the sampler board was coming.. . .

Message 37/58             26-Sep-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flack

Yeah, I've heard those rumours too but for now they are just that, rumours....  

Message 38/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

i very interested on this board but i'm just a beginer on recording area
i was reading the chat and i have i question :

i read that the board cant be a sampler, what this mean ? (cant i convert my midi filies on audio tracks )

Message 39/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

i read that the board cant be a sampler, what this mean ? (cant i convert my midi filies on audio tracks )

Message 40/58             30-Sep-98  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 58 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)