aaa jungle beats - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: jungle beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 11-Aug-99  @  04:15 PM   -   jungle beats

phlow

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

lo.. could someone please post a d&b or jungle beat for me to learn from?
thanks
ian

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/42             25-Oct-99  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

R-Tek

1 more thing. U wanna take my IP an` email address off the MUSIC/TECH board now? Cheers (and thats "Master Arse" 2 U)

Message 32/42             25-Oct-99  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

k

fuck me - what are you on !!! tht's you as well is it... tsk tsk... (teeth kissing)

Message 33/42             26-Oct-99  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: jungle beats

R-Tek

Well, I dunno if thats my IP or not, I jus` assumed it was because of the little misunderstanding. What else am I supposed 2 have done now?

Message 34/42             26-Oct-99  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

k

the only IP up there is someone going by the name of 'ARSE' - who's posted alot of dumn-shit comments around the various forums - i just asked him to stop wasting server space -

Message 35/42             27-Oct-99  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: jungle beats

R-Tek

Oh, sorry I jus` assumed it was mine because of...well u know. Not guilty (for once). There was a good little string of messages goin on here till I turned up (apologies).

Message 36/42             27-Oct-99  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Loks like somebody's touched on your soft spot, K. Don't think I've ever heard you drop the knowledge so thoroughly. So K's a junglist. Hmmm. Who would have thought?  

Ape

Message 37/42             27-Oct-99  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

atombom

Anyone got any good formulas for getting overtones on bass sounds? The fundamental frequencies are all you need but its nice to have a little personality in the sound. I use tools like BigMuff pi distortion with tons of compression and EQ, the "Shaper" in the Access Virus, and the Frequency Modulation in the Nords. Also let us know if you have any info on what certain big boys use.

Message 38/42             27-Oct-99  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

k

that Talvin Sing comment above is from the other new kilo not me -

Message 39/42             28-Oct-99  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Of course one good way to do it, is to have one osc set to a PW, with an LFO controlling PW, also a second osc, sync'd and cross-mod'ed to a third osc, then by adjusting the various levels of the osc's sent to overdrive the filter, and by varying the tunings you can get some pretty serious sound, and if you want to get even more freaky, obviously you could modulate the filter wita second LFO, and maybe get the amounts and rates of the LFO's controlled by any number of sources.
What do you mean by 'Big Boys'?  

Good luck.

Ape

Message 40/42             28-Oct-99  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: jungle beats

atombom

So basicaly you are using a combination of many standard synth mods and sources at once? I'd like to hear what the tone is that you are thinking of. What is the tuning relationship between the oscillators?

Often times my severely modulated patches end up sounding too complex and muddy. I usually set it up so that I'm Modulating within a very limited range to tickle a short range of harmonics out of my distortion or Virus shaper. It ends up being simple but easy to manipulate and better for the overall mix.

By big boys I just mean famous folks with recognizable sound characters.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)