aaa Groove Approved - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Groove Approved

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 18-Feb-99  @  04:46 AM   -   Groove Approved

confusionrecords

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok, well my definition of a groove approved product.
"groove approved"-A "raver's" machine for producing cheezy dance music, a waste of metal and wires, designed for a bunch of kids who "don't know", a too easy to program drum machine/synth,ok, I'd better stop cause I won't if I don't force myself too.

And for those who think it's "cool" or "awsome" your obviously a stupid raver kid. ok, so let's see. When is the last time you saw this? "Richie Hawtin- decks, efx, and a MC-303"??? Hmmm, uh......never. When will you ever see this? "Jeff Mills- decks, MC-505"??? hmmm, never? Uh yeah, I think so. So it comes down to this, if you own, plan to own, or actually like these stupid machines, you're obviously a very lost child. And feel happy to rip on me and try and back up the "groove approved" shit, cause I don't give a fucking shit about anyone who likes anything that's "groove approved". And for those who know, please teach others, cause if this is the future, count me out of it, and plan for techno/house/jungle/anything to take a seriouse downfall from a bunch of shitty ass "groove approved" made records siting in a record store for about 50 years.
Well, later and fuck anything "groove oriented" by roland.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/40             26-Feb-99  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

aprophecyfan

when i get time i will

Message 32/40             26-Mar-99  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

DJ Sight

To all you people saying you never see any big artists using an MC-303, just take a look at whats next to the turntables in Paul Van Dyk's "For an Angel" video.

Message 33/40             26-Mar-99  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

The Man with the Plan

Yes I know about that. It was an fuckin mistake.The Sudio where this vido was made is owned by the Roland Corp. An the sad if he use a MC 303 ore equal in the video the rent for the studio is free... What had you done in these situation ???

Message 34/40             04-Apr-99  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

I think the only professional groove approve gear that Roland had ever made these days are the JP 8000 and JP 8080. Un like the sampled based gear of the Groove box/keyboard stuff these two synths use DSP which brings a more upfront fatter simulerly analog sounds. I own the JP 8080 And I think its a great sounding synth. Notice I didnt say Analog emulator. Though they can do some good jobs at emulating but its definatly capable of sounding original. The SP 808 sounds like another top quality Instrument but I dont know. The JP 8000/JP 8080 like I said are the best groove approved gear from Roland so far.
The JP's got a more profesional way about them.

Message 35/40             04-Apr-99  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Link?: Link

I may be mistaken, but I don't think that the JP-8000 is from the Groove series, it's completely different. And you're right...it's the only decent piece of gear they've produced in a while....everything else is a sampled-based piece of shit machine. But I don't think they came out with it just like that, I think it was to keep up with the competition. At the beginning of 1995, Clavia came out with their Nordlead specializing in analog synthesis, then at the end of the year Korg released the Prophecy, and Roland was the last one to release their "analog" synth in early 1997 with the JP-8000.

Message 36/40             05-Apr-99  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

jcu3

Pedicelli is right. Look at those pussy Groove ads, they don't even show the JP8K in the ads. If they did I wouldn't have purchased it. Even though I use the Groovebox to generate MTC to my TB and TR stuff. But Roland actually did a good job with the new Jupiter. By the way does the JP-8080 have a fucked up way of scrolling through factory voices? I read that it has like 356 presets, but you have to dig to get at all of them.

Message 37/40             05-Apr-99  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Jason

The Roland Groove site has the JP 8000/8080 on there. That is why I thought they were apart of the Groove approve plan. The way how you can scroll threw the presets on the JP 8080 is you push the buttons that says DEC or INC or you can push the number buttons to dial up a patch to start with. The JP 8000 has 128 patches and 64 performances. The JP 8080 has 512 patches and 256 perfomances. The Jp 8080 also has a smart media expansion feature that can save up to 8000 patches or 4000 made perfomances. As for the TB 303 the JP 8080 can do apretty good job especially if you add some distortion then your in acid heaven. And since its 2 part multi you can play it like as if you own two TB 303's. The only problem is that in split mode only the lower keys trigger the arpegiator but in dual you can use the two TB 303 sounds with the Arp. But there always together. You can in dual mode have one sounds ahd some filter sweeps and the other do nothing to create an illusion of owning two arpegiated 303's or have the two have a different filter effect two.

Later

Message 38/40             05-Apr-99  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

jcu3

Thanx Jason. I know, I have the thing. But I can't believe it's on the Groove page. Anyone want to buy a Jupiter? just kidding. That pisses me off. I'm so tired of that Groove shit. I'm gonna post it.

Message 39/40             05-Apr-99  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Link?: Link

You're right...the JP-8000 is on www.rolandgroove.com....don't know why, but it's there.....

Message 40/40             06-Apr-99  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

karmachosis

I paid less for my eg-101 groovekeyboard than I paid for my sequencer software.

Sure, the pre-programmed drump loops and whatnot sounds like shit, but they can easily be thrown out and replaced my stuff you make yourself..

If it cost 30% less, it'd be well worth it..

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)