aaa Playing a Devilfish... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Playing a Devilfish...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 24-Mar-99  @  05:35 PM   -   Playing a Devilfish...

squalcho

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am new to this board, and judging from a lot of the posts on here, there isn't a lot of really good vibes here, but this is worth a shot. If you want to flame me, please waste your time somewhere else. If you can help, I would really appreciate it. Anyway, I have been discussing the Devilfish mods with Robin in Australia through the e-mail ever since I got my TB about a year and a half ago. I am going to be sending it to him for the mods (and to have my switches replaced) in the next couple of months (as soon as I finish saving up the bones for the mods). What I would like to know though is if anyone on here has played with one. i realize there are very few of them, but i would assume someone on here has some experience. I love the Plastikman sounds and the radical filtering that is possible with the Devilfish, but I would like to get some kind of firsthand account about what this instrument does. Feel free to post or e-mail me. Thanks for the help.

©hrisFader

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/47             07-Apr-99  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

techno is DEAD in detroit.
techno has evolved intoa complex mathematical system of time and frequency intellectually superior to all other current forms of music, thus being far over the heads of the ignorant masses.
an average 17 year old high school student growing up on MTV and videogames walls into a 'rave', who is he/she most likely to dance to?

a) jay-z

b) fatboy slim

c) adam beyer

on the last leg of the guitar rock era, 'raves' have become the mainstream gathering place for american youth (age 16-24). most have no exposure to electronic music and are initiated in for purely social reasons. dancing is done for reasons of vanity, courting, or pharmacologically induced siezures. to get people with no true interest in music whatsoever to keep coming back, the absolute most accessable predigested music must be promoted. the more attendees, the higher the expectations of the promoters, the more insurance they need to make their next event a financial success.

back in the day things were far from perfect, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

in the near future, a new group of kids will hate all that is mainstream, as we all once did.
human nature is evolution's fuel, the direction is cyclical, and the dead shall rise.

D

Message 32/47             07-Apr-99  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

great speech D! did you proofread that a few times before you posted - poser.

Message 33/47             07-Apr-99  @  11:40 PM   -   yo NOTEVEN

yo NOTEVEN!!!

what the hells up yo ass - you sound like a punk whos scared to death of his own dorkiness...

grow up little man.

Message 34/47             08-Apr-99  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

NOTEVEN

WOW
this last comment really hurts, please stop the abuse...

yo, what the hell...yo?

is that you Flava Flav?

dorkiness? Thats pretty rough there kido.

I must now retreat to my daily yogurt consumption, of Dannon Blueberry and Mixed Berries mmmmmmm.....

How ya doin Sammie?

Sorry guys, I.m in a too good of a mood today

This is probably why:

http://quote.yahoo.com/q?s=DCLK&d=3m

out...

oh yeah this split on Mon.

Message 35/47             08-Apr-99  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

tosh is a pillowbiter

Message 36/47             08-Apr-99  @  06:23 PM   -   to NOTEVEN

yo yo,

what the hell is your deal man? you are commenting from the high horse and ripping on everyone. obviously you were around back then - are we all to assume you were perfect?

check yoself b4 you wreck yoself

Message 37/47             08-Apr-99  @  07:06 PM   -   to not even

it seems as though someone has an intense identity crisis and is harbouring feelings of jealousy and regret..to bad they had to choose this page to get it out on

Message 38/47             09-Apr-99  @  08:05 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

NOTEVEN

yo yo?
the toy?
when did I suggest i was perfect?

wuzup to da real niggaz in da hayouse... boyee<--------you probably understand this more

I am sorry that i dont speak jive, or Wigger (or would that be Wig, Wiggish, Wiggerian?)

outz homeez peace to all my g's and dogs and hos and fly honey and bitches and
of course fellow Wiggers

Please dont quote ICE CUBE, he IS black and i'm sure you are insulting him by repeating is words.

For realz do' ?

out...

Message 39/47             09-Apr-99  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

technician

Someone please put this message to an end. Talk about gear and all that good stuff! No need for stupidity, and all the verbal fighting. Everyone chill out, make tracks, and enjoy you're gear.

Message 40/47             09-Apr-99  @  02:41 PM   -   to NOTEVEN

hey man,

can't we all just get along?

this is actually amusing, anyone who doesn't like it should get another room.

this ones taken!!!! he he he

so what is your deal anyway - producer/dj? all the gear head talk tells me your into somethin....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)