aaa Real 303 / sequencer clone - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  06:26 PM   -   Real 303 / sequencer clone

trevor

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi folks. I am a builder of several TB303 clones, and I've designed several commercial midi/cv units and sequencer designs.

My next project is a new 303 clone. Unlike existing clones, it will use the original 303 circuitry. So being more than just a clone, it will be a REAL 303. In addition, I will be cloning the sequencer itself to the exact specs of the original. The case will be just larger than the original 303 box, with a very similar control layout.

This unit will eventually be available for sale. I will build a few and sell them if anyone is interested.

My question is, if I were to make the *perfect* 303 clone, what extras should it have?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/63             18-Feb-00  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Chimmicelli dude

Link?:  No link

Atsushi Hoshiai is my only fwiend in the gweat big world. Atsushi is my only gay friend on the board.

Message 32/63             19-Feb-00  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Atsushi Hoshiai

Chimmi Chim!
You should take the EG-101 outta yer ass!!

Message 33/63             20-Feb-00  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Daft Chim

me tinks Anasazi wikes da bomb,Chimicelli Chim!!!! Chim make gweat noo fwiend, Anazazi bitch mate sucka wipe

Message 34/63             20-Feb-00  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Smart Ass

No 1 can make a perfect clone of the TB 303. You can do what ever you want but if it doesnt look just like the original and it doesnt have Roland on it and if it doesnt say TB 303 on it then its not a perfect clone. Thanks to copy rights law no one can recreate the TB 303 so stop trying. Even if it sounds just like it its still not the same. Besides if your so called clone product is going to sell less or more than $1000 then its not the same.

Smart Ass

Message 35/63             20-Feb-00  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

jcu3

Jesus this web board has gone to total crap again

sigh.

Message 36/63             21-Feb-00  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

evensmarterass

TO SMARTASS: So i guess no one can make "real" lightbulb unless it is prone to electricute you, doesn't actually give off much light and say Thomas Edison on it.........If people didn't expand off other peoples good ideas we would still live in caves you dumb fuck

Message 37/63             21-Feb-00  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Chimicelli

po wittle Chim still wivs in a cave wif no fwiends

Message 38/63             21-Feb-00  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

trevor

Link?:  Link

Well said. I guess I should clarify something: I did not mean 'perfect' clone *quite* in that context!! No, of course I am not going to make something that's exactly the same as the original.

I could go on, but much of what I was going to say has been summed up a message or two before.

And if you were really, er, 'smart', you would know that copyright laws do not cover circuit designs. I have my facts right, I have done my research and I know where I stand, without going into too much detail here.

No offence, but if you are not interested in this project, then please don't bother to take the time to give me your opinion. And it is up to myself whether I shall bother with this project or not.

Message 39/63             22-Feb-00  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Chimicelli

me tinks you should make an EG-101 clone instead, Tweva!

Chim tinks hims make a fwiend.

Message 40/63             22-Feb-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

jcu3

What??? Do you really talk like that??

damn Canadians!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 63 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)