aaa Are new synths boring !! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Are new synths boring !!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 18-Dec-01  @  02:32 AM   -   Are new synths boring !!

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this and other synth forums are quite quiet. personaly nothing much has happened to excite me for a while hardware wise since the indie houses established themselves over the mid 90's- do you think synths now are getting boring?

is it lack of imagination? - or have the manufacturers really just exhausted practical new forms of combinations or new angles for established synthesis?

if there is nothing left to be 'new' in the way VA or FM or Romplers were, then whats left for manufacturers such as korg, roland, e-mu, ensonique, yamaha etc...

some cool little bargain boxes have come like the ER & ES from korg... any other nominations for cool reent/new stuff?

or.. si this a symptom of updatable OS's?.. another angle.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/41             23-Jan-02  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

sitar

nice.

Message 32/41             23-Jan-02  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

sitar

Checking around the online shops it seems it's not on the market. Electrix Repeater is the only thing I find of the company. Would have to look s/h it seems.

Message 33/41             23-Jan-02  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

99devils

Link?: Link

The filter factory and warp factory are the bomb, sir! I got the pair for less than one of 'em is going for now  

The FF isn't exactly a Sherman, but it is damn nice, real analog, and much cheaper. In my case a hell of a lot cheaper  

-Craig

Message 34/41             23-Jan-02  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

sitar

Rub it in Craig. I'll keep an eye out for the most expensive one I can find ;[

Message 35/41             07-Feb-02  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

99devils

Here's what I'm talking about...

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Hartmann_Music/PR/Neuron.html

Message 36/41             07-Feb-02  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

Maarten

Yeah seen that one a few weeks ago... can you say hard-on?

Message 37/41             08-Feb-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

99devils

Unfortunately, can you say five thousand fucking dollars!?!?!

-Craig

Message 38/41             08-Feb-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

Pongoid

mmmmm.....yup

Message 39/41             08-Feb-02  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

knowa

yeah but no demo to dl? wtf!

Message 40/41             08-Feb-02  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Are new synths boring !!

nothingnewhere

how much is that capybara thing again??

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)