aaa ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 13-Mar-02  @  05:00 AM   -   ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello K,

I was wondering, would it be possible to have another category in the GENRE/FLAVA section? Something like Dance/New Age Crossover or some such thing. Then all us odd bods who are doing something that's not pure dance music, but still falls within the bounds of it would have a section of our own.

I can't be the only one who's constantly encountering a problem when it comes to deciding which flava to list my tracks in. I'm opting for Techno or Ambient most of the time, but it's not really satisfactory. Another section would make a great site even better.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/45             14-Mar-02  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

influx

Link?:  Link

Because in BRETT B's case he goes around spouting shit as if he is some scholar and he is clearly BLIND

I know I will never even half-convince him of how full of shit he is, especially using the in your face crap that I am known for, but I cant sit there and let someone say the things he says and just keep my mouth shut. I just can not do it and that will never change

each and ever sentence in his last few posts is a GEM. I was tempted to clean it all up and print it out and post it on my frig as a reminder of why I hate lemmings so much. and its gone way beyond disliking commerciality. Stances like his allow the "man" (ahhh such a stupid term) to maintain power, and that is unacceptable.

we are being phased out, it seems, every last one of us that doesnt buy buy buy buy buy, and people like brett with his "get with the program" dogma ENCOURAGE that shit

sorry. hijack. you asked;)

Message 32/45             14-Mar-02  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Influx, you are 100% spot on. A lot of people spout bullshit, and Mr Barnes appears to be an expert at it. I've got nothing against him, I don't even know him, but anyone who thinks dubya is okay needs their brains seeing to in my book.

I've got nothing against you either, in fact I admire you for speaking your mind, regardless of what I previously said.

I'm just trying to be the Devils Advocate here. We're all interacting in cyberspace, it's not likely any of us are ever going to meet face to face and we can all argue until we go to Kingdom Come. But at the end of the day, nothing's going to change. You'll still hold your opinions, and he'll still believe in his. And if he want's to go round spouting bullshit, nothing's going to stop him short of banning him from the website.

Anyway, I thought this was supposed to be a music forum? We're going way of course.

Message 33/45             14-Mar-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

sitar

I think bringing things down to 5 or 6 like Influx said is a good idea. I'd have a higher percentage shot at guessing what my tracks are. Right now it's like hitting the lotto.

Message 34/45             15-Mar-02  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

We could always have a miscellaneous section.

Message 35/45             15-Mar-02  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

xoxos

Link?: Link

it's because brett needs to feel like someone cares while he grates on about all the gear he doesn't have as if it meant anything to anybody else anyway.

and it's influx's need to grate on about what brett's messing on to fulfill the aforementioned need for care.

it's like a play, they recite 'i am hungry,' 'i will feed you' and so it is seen and recognised, the jewel of the community.

i just want to hear some music that isn't like 'you're getting sleepy, buy all my albums.'

Message 36/45             15-Mar-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Very nicely put xoxos.

Message 37/45             15-Mar-02  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

k

yeah well that's why most forums ban arguements about politic's or religion... mebbe we should re-open the slaggit room and ship this stuff out cos I wonder sometimes wether the continual fighting & bitching puts people off becoming regulars. Then again... 1/2 of me likes a free forum, cos lets face it most forums seen as 'successful' are 90% full of 'Audity crackles & pops with VST! - HELP!!' - OR - 'SBlive with Logic audio - HELP!' - etc ad-nauseum

The official Cubase forum is one example - talk about boring!... but then they sorta banned all other discussion to some far flung corner where it ceases to be a forum and becomes some sort of members club.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 38/45             15-Mar-02  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

brad

I like ppl. fighting, it's fun to read. In high school, I always enjoyed cafeteria fights, hallway fights, afterschool fights...er, I mean I enjoyed watching them! What can I say, I'm a rubberneck.

Um, yeah, there's no dub section is there? I like to make dub tracks after I watch a good fight, har har.

Airy fairy- hee hee! Jaswho? is still all sensitive about that one- right J???

To summarize, I think DT needs more fights, more rubbernecks, more dub, more cafeterias, and for sure more airy fairies!

Message 39/45             15-Mar-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

sitar

Sometimes we do get carried away and I wonder too if some valuable potential members that don't understand the bigger picture here go away. But musicians are passionate people and concerned about human issues. What to do? Dancetech is special. Maybe the slaggit forum should make a reappearance with the link to it in the list of forums so it's easy to get to in a pinch.

Message 40/45             15-Mar-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

xoxos

well thanks for backing up 'hallway riot' with your own juvie tune since the whole idea was for a electro juvenile delinquency comp anyway.. come on, man! would that be a rockin' disc or what? didn't you ever do anything bad? "her name was a-lisa, uhuh, uhuh.."

jewel of the community k. thanks for all the tolerance and letting people learn stuff on their own via the results of their actions/natural system mechanics. plus i couldn't disguise my own operations anywhere else :p

and thanks to brett and influx for getting up here and doing it every day. it's like the wild west.. or.. some place that's got a half decent bit of vitality left to it (saying something there.) if any dance music forum is ever going to mean shit, it's going to be this one.

my ultimate opinion on genres: i did not create them, therefore they are nothing  

and just to end my little love letter, with any luck i've only got a few weeks to go until i can bust on the 1 gig processor (with any luck) and finally get tight midi timing, THEN we're going to see who can make some snotty bloody derisive remixes of other people's tunes. so i'd appreciate it if you'd not run off sensoniq in the meanwhile.. cos i'll be wanting someone who can keep up with me when the time comes, mr. carson :p

okay, okay, no one's riled up or excited? i'll go and do the dishes then.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)