aaa romplers - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: romplers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 17-Mar-02  @  11:27 AM   -   romplers

panama

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

IMO, well, after getting my JV-1010 to work with my midi/Sounddiver setup... I've come to the conclusion, that in order for a mix to sound BIG - One would need to invest a lot $$$$ in buying a ROMpler of some sort.

Anything that Roland has made beyond the JV-1080 is top notch for making bigger mixes.

It's the icing on the cake (thoose over tones and textures that glue chunks of music together and make 'em flow)... ALL there ready to be tweaked and mangled.... WITH the digital upfront edge.

sanctity

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/45             01-Apr-02  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: romplers

Pongoid

Link?: Link

....and be way more fun to replace the tape loops than violin strings.

Message 32/45             01-Apr-02  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: romplers

99devils

Find yourself a high school with a good music program, and grab a couple kids for a few hours. Great experience for them, free strings for you.

-Craig

Message 33/45             03-Apr-02  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: romplers

Pongoid

Not a 'one take' thing but fun. Depends on your time budget as well. Do you spend time playing with kids, or getting your composition out while the idea is still fresh?

Ape

Message 34/45             03-Apr-02  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: romplers

damballah

of course you also need to be aware of phrases like "restraining order" and "terms of probation". ;)

Message 35/45             03-Apr-02  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: romplers

knowa

Link?:  Link

LOL(ita)

Message 36/45             03-Apr-02  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: romplers

99devils

Very funny   My old orchestra conductor would do this for people he knew, and for his own work. He'd hand out sheet music, and rehearse it a couple times, and then record it.

C'mon, you're making dance music.. You're not asking them to play fucking Pagannini!

-Craig

Message 37/45             04-Apr-02  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: romplers

Mindspawn

Got something against Paganini!??? Just jesting... But you're very right Craig, a cool source for something a bit different. I've got a couple choral bits I'm gonna try going that route with. Kind of darkish Arvo Part stuff...

Anyhoos, I also agree with Ape about the "quick for creation" route, though. ROMplers can get the sound sorted and a lot of the arrangement set, quick... ya can always go back and get some "real" bodies to do some overdubs of the bits later....

Peace

Message 38/45             04-Apr-02  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: romplers

damballah

that's kinda the hollywood film-scorer approach, innit? except they got racks of E4s or dedicated CPUs with gigasmapler loaded Miroslav Vitous orchestral smaples. they're not just number 7s. hi.

Message 39/45             06-Apr-02  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: romplers

Pongoid

Yup, a perfect example is Mr. Elfman. If you can, that's how you do it. Look at cats like Peter Gabriel. Even seen his studio? Even pics? TO DIE FOR!!!!! OMG. However he's got a 'little' one as well for just banging out his ideas, then the big one for REALLY making it happen with the session cats/other artisits, etc.. If you don't have the big studio yourself, at least get the ideas out. That's the hardest part. Once you've got that you have plenty of time to fawn over engineering all to your little heart's desire.

Ape

Message 40/45             13-Apr-02  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: romplers

isospin

Link?:  No link

http://sound-on-sound2.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=215094572&f=884099644&m=2883073704&p=1

read that then think twice about any sample player technology.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)