aaa Is this all of us? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Is this all of us?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  01:16 PM   -   Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm finding it kind of odd. DT has thousands of hits. From who? Why are they not posting? There are more electronic musicians out there, and not just the new generation, but older hedz too. Where are they hiding? Why don't they represent a bit? Respect for the few that have already, but I KNOW that there are many more as of yet. Where ya at?

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/78             08-Apr-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

i think that we are doing pretty well on impact. i
guess we could be a bit more encouraging. i
know that i didn't post for awhile after i first
came to the site because i was just getting
into everything and didn't want to sound totally
stupid. but thousands of people? come on. it
seems like there are about 80 or so tht post
regularly.

Message 32/78             08-Apr-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

k

yeah and remember, sites like harmony caters for guitarists & the rest, SS is for old synth farts too... we are deliberatly cutting down traffic by the site genre, BUT... once we get a small music-scene writing team in place the punters would have more to look at and start to show up more... also we dont have a team paid for reviews either.. i think if you look at what DT offers users for free for no payment it makes what the mags offer look pretty fucking pathetic frankly cos they have cash coming in monthly in BIG amounts, so you can see they aint really trying to offers the readers shit in actuality..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/78             08-Apr-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

marianimal

Link?:  No link

So true, K. And magazines aren't really searchable either. This is an amazing resource.

Message 34/78             08-Apr-02  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

and you gotta think that the number who'd wanna do live stuff'd be a tiny fraction of the total, most of whom just wanna whack some store-bought loops together in acid and sit back and grin like they're some kinda artiste or sumpin.

Message 35/78             08-Apr-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

milan

HEY! that was a Matrix1000 lurker... har! and when i asked if anyone here uses one i got schtumm for an answer. cmon people, speak up! there´s more to DT than trance-hating and newbie-bashing  

just kidding... no there isnt.

nah... kidding again.

ha, now he´ll never post again :P

(btw, seems like the live forum is the new hip place to hang out around here. more threads in a week than some forums get in a month!)

Message 36/78             08-Apr-02  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Mindspawn

Well, I personally wish "newbies" would speak up more... I mean I love reading what the "regulars" are thinking on things, but I oftimes learn a lot from newbies, too, simply because they dunna generally think about things the same way that someone who's been at this for years does... Gives you a very different perspective on things. Kinda like when a little kid says something profound and you realize "experience" ain't the only teacher...

Peace

Message 37/78             09-Apr-02  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Too right, bro. I like fresh perspectives, even naive ones. They stimulate and make one reconsider what they think they already know. As far as hip goes? Uh, ok, of you've got something to say, dammit, say it! That's why this resource is here.

K,
was't trying to take a swing at a community and kindly provided resource that all of these fucking money hungry corporate-sausage-sucking leeches need to learn a lesson from at all. Far from it. This you know. I would just like to see it get more of the recognition it deserves from the communities it caters to instead of seeing interest lured away by glossy tree-killers full of nothing but garbage, advertising, souless creativity, and brainwashing. Is that so much to ask?

Ape

Message 38/78             09-Apr-02  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

SteveB

Link?:  No link

Milan, I didn't read your post about Matrix 1000 users. I would've said something because that's one beast I have yet to figure out. I consider it my evil step-son, so much potential but I don’t really know how to control it. (It doesn’t help that you need software to program it. I’m still looking for something that works well and is cheap enough so my wife lets me buy it.)

Message 39/78             09-Apr-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Frostbyte

you also want to keep in mind that eventually, you will be feeding us the groove live as in high speed streaming.

eeerrrrr, wait a sec, we're already there  

we demmand live sets now

how hard is it to encode some audio in real time ? I mean, it surely is feasable.

aah wait, it's already so, but it`s kept out of your hands. Or is it because it should be kept for professionals who earn a living trough it?
so why produce so much new gizmos ?
If we are not changing the way we live, we are denying the right to for someone else.

diamonds are forever, sorry you don`t have any fingers left.

then i guess it`s us the punters in the end who decide who get`s to work and don`t by going to shows, buying records and t-shirts.

wich brings up the DT-shirt up  

let`s do the timewarp again !!!

50 million fingers, learning how to play

(with small finger to corner of mouth)

there`s a lot of fingers in this post, let`s all rise the middle one for george, tony and johnny cretin.

viva la digital revolution !

Message 40/78             09-Apr-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

"sorry you don't have any fingers left!"

such brutality, such precision..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 78 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot