aaa Supernova2 v.2 Software? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:27 PM   -   Supernova2 V2 Software?

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Wasnt there supposed to a new operating system for the Supernova II , version 2.0 ? I think it was due out yesterday?
Anyone heard anything?
Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/57             14-May-02  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Link?:  Link

Oh,

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog...

Message 32/57             14-May-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Er, how do you get that from "gb"? :-)

M

Message 33/57             14-May-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

I didn't tell you my name, did I ? hehehe

At any rate,

- Go hang a salami, you Bastard.

Message 34/57             15-May-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

gary barlow? :-) Just guessing.

Message 35/57             15-May-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

You got three letters right in both the first name and the last name. That's pretty good...

Message 36/57             16-May-02  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

Hmmm. I'd have to be "is rat". Bummer. Thanks M. SoundDiver adaptation? That must be quite a challenge. When I got SoundDiver I had 1 synth. I remember opening SD's module for that synth, going to a patch and saying Whoa! Hello!, then scrolling horizontally for half an hour and still seeing filters or lfos or something.

Message 37/57             16-May-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Sitar,

Well, I didn't adhere to strict SD design standards, but I got the whole Program editor clearly laid out over two screens only and the Performance editor horizontally 1 part per screen.

A challenge? Yeah, took me three months to work out the sysex and implement most of the parameters for the editors in the absence of published sysex documentation from Novation. Michael Lauer had a starter definition and Kinetik kindly helped out with the arpeggiator sysex, general midi message info and with problems/OS bugs as I came across them.

I should be getting amendments for OS2 out sometime soon I hope.

So, what happened, did the first screen scare you off SD? I find it absolutely essential for my E5000, JV2080 and SNII, especially in tandem with Logic.

Cheers

M

Message 38/57             16-May-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

No I actually had fun with it for a while. I haven't used it much for a while and talking to you makes me think I should go back to using it for my XP-80 anyway and maybe for my Xlead-1 if I can find an SD mod for it. It's all pretty cool. I have an SN 1 so I guess couldn't use your SD definition for it, but the SN is pretty much up front. The romplers are more painful to program with all their layers.

Message 39/57             16-May-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Link?: Link

Sitar,

I only own the SNII but I did adaptations for all the (Super)Nova (II) machines - the Supernova and Nova was more a question of taking parameters away. You can find them at the Novation link above under 'Emagic SoundDiver Supernova Adaptation Release 1.3 for OS 4.1'

Mark Hofland very kindly tested the adaptation for me - hey, give it a go!

M

Message 40/57             16-May-02  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Did I miss something here ? Would SoundDiver be useful for me ? I use a snii and Cakewalk (soon Sonar)...

Oh, and sitar, wouldn't "is art" be more accurate ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)