aaa HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jul-02  @  11:06 AM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  11:08 AM   -   HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am having major problems with my ES2. The problem:

Having used the ES2 for 2 days everything was running fine, and it sounded great! Then all of a sudden I load up my PC and Load up logic play a track I have been working on and the ES2 sounds like my kitchen sink garborator! I rebooted Logic and it sounded different but still crap! Now everything that I created with the ES2 sounds like shit! This is only happening with the ES2. Not with the ES1 or EXS24 (Allthough I haven't tried the EVOC). After contacting Emagic they suggested re-installing Logic, which I tried. That didn't work so I have just re-installed my entire OS (as suggested by Emagic support) and that worked for another 2 days then the ES2 reverted to spitting out garbled noise sounds.

I have the recent drivers for all of my hardware and have installed SP2 for Win2K so all is up to date. Everything on my PC runs beautifully except the ES2. I have checked on InfoWeb and various forums but it appears that I am the only person with this problem. Could somebody PLEASE help me? This is an absolute nightmare!

FYI, the other software that I have on the PC is:
Sonitus Plugins (Updated to R3)
Waves Gold Bundle
Win RAR
Sound Forge 4.5
Ohm Force OhmBoyz delay (VST)

My System is as follows:

Win2K Pro (SP2) Dual-Boot;
LAP5.1.3 (via updates from Logic 4.0);
Gigabyte GA-7DXR (AMD 761 north-bridge) BIOS F9;
AMD T-Bird 1.4Ghz 266FSB;
512MB DDR RAM PC2100;
Audiowerk 8 Audio I/F;
MT4 MIDI I/F;
Matrox G550 (Millenium) AGP Card;
21" Dell monitor, 19" Viglen Monitor;
IBM Deskstar 7200rpm ATA100 120GXP 40GB HDD (IDE channel 1);
Fujitsu 7200rpm ATA100 40GB HDD (IDE channel 3 W/ onboard Promise ATA100 Controller);
LG CDRW (IDE channel 2);

Thankyou in advance!

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/53             02-Aug-02  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

point... but zazza, liquidphire says he doesn't get the probs if he removes one of the cards - in Steve's case tho that's not the issue, but they might be related...

This is a ing weird one!!

Steve, in Logic, you are using the second audio device/driver tab in the audio hardware settings yes?.... and you are using the audiowerk checkbox ?

Message 32/53             02-Aug-02  @  05:00 PM     Edit: 02-Aug-02  |  05:03 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the input Zaza, but this problem keeps happening even immediately after I switch the PC on after it has not been active for days. And my CPU never gets above 60 degress c anyway.

I have tried all the settings in Logics Audio driver screens (switching to ASIO etc), but these didn't make a difference. I am getting the feeling, however, that this may actually be a problem with the CPU, or memory. If the VSTi synth data is leaking from memory or other wise, it will become increasingly corrupt and this would explain why the problem is, at first, gradual. That is, it doesn't spontaneously occur, rather it worsens over the space of half an hour. I'm upgrading my CPU to the XP2000, in a few weeks and I will also buy about 1GB of high quality RAM (I really am starting to think that this is due to faulty, or low-quality, RAM).

Because this problem doesn't seem to be related to RAM with liquidphire, I am in the process of downloading Win2K SP3, which is supposed to solve over 900 bug issues.

I'll let you know what happens (though you could be waiting a while as SP3 is 124mb).

Thanks for your help!

Steve.

Message 33/53             03-Aug-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

I gave the SP3 a go, and it caused the ES2 to behave normally. So, to test the ES2, I rebooted Logic and played the ES2 again it still sounded alright, so I continued rebooting and playing and after repeating this for about the 8th time, the ES2 reverted to sounding like crap! Oh well.

Cheers!

Steve.

Message 34/53             03-Aug-02  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

milan

Link?: Link

damn.

Message 35/53             03-Aug-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

hold up - are you the one having probs with the waves plugins protection? - cos in that pro-rec guy's rant he says it effects OTHER s/w too... often.

Message 36/53             04-Aug-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Nope, I wouldn't miss something like that. I tried a fresh install of Win2K without the Waves plugs and it was still the same crap!

Steve.

Message 37/53             04-Aug-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

doh!.... This is becoming like the quest for the holy grail

Message 38/53             08-Aug-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Just installed the 5.2 update and this didn't work either. I am, however, very impressed with 5.2  

Regards.

Steve.

Message 39/53             08-Aug-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

Link?:  Link

*blubber*  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 40/53             08-Aug-02  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Zazza

Maybe it's an anomaly in the sub-space continuum?

You probably need to remodulate the phase array.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)