aaa SX - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-03  @  02:01 AM   -   SX

horizens

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

rules.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/51             05-May-03  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: SX

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

good point.

Message 32/51             06-May-03  @  09:06 AM     Edit: 06-May-03  |  09:09 AM   -   RE: SX

dARKSTATe

File?:  No file

Heh!!!  

I'm sure there's a post earler on DT where you just weren't so sure about SX K... ;-)

"....I thought it was well clunky and rubbish compared to sonar or logic, a real pigs ear, it looks like a toy, and the screen clutter i thought was twice as bad as with vst although the buttons to open out the various mixer parts wasn't bad but screen handling was just as crap as on vst imo.... how do you find it?.. i wasnt impressed at all...."

*chuckle*

Still, you're right.. quality time IS needed to find out if its for you or not.. I know RAT and I are rather happy with it (and more productive too)

No major problems I can report with the 1.0.5x release apart from a problem with Bitshift Audio's Phatmatik Pro causing it to crash like a motherfucker.. ah well, I guess there's always Intakt (if its any good) ;-)

Message 33/51             06-May-03  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: SX

k

Link?:  No link

well, they fixed some of the screenset issues since V1 which is good, and adding the 'always on top' thing is good - it was my irritation that they didnt step out of that thing of having tons of small individual windows for the componants which would always dissapear behind other screens.... now that is sorted out it's nice!

It's amazing how a few tiny changes can make a programme WAY more usuable - which is what I say about SONAR ... it needs those few final tweaks to make it...

Message 34/51             06-May-03  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: SX

dARKSTATe

It'll be interesting to see what improvements comes with the V1.0.6 version slated for a release "soon"..

Gawd only knows about SX V2.0, personally I don't think there's a need for it yet - give 1.x time to mature, then bring out something worth of V2.0 - or is it just blatant cashing in?? Must have continuous, "rapid" release cycle, force users to upgrade, generate MORE revenue....

Message 35/51             07-May-03  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: SX

soulsurvivor

Link?:  No link

Darkstate - how do you find the midi timing now?

The time ive spent with SX Ive allways found the recorded audio parts (originally external synths played via midi) have been well out of sync and have had to edit each note to get them back on the beat....which sucks. Mind you this was an early version.

Message 36/51             07-May-03  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: SX

dARKSTATe

Hmmm... Midi timing for me has been absolutely ROCK SOLID for all versions of SX I've used 1.0.2 - 1.0.5x

However, I *have* heard this problem by other people. One of my collaborators is running a *very* similar system to me (built them both to spec), and they've had these issues. Tried all the possible SX tweaks (adjusting midi/audio priority in the devices section etc.), and physical tweaks (shorter cables etc.) and still no joy..

About the *only* thing I haven't yet tried, is getting them onto another midi interface, incase the unit they've got is faulty (they're using the midi i/o from the STAudio DSP2000 which again, is just fine on my system)

Message 37/51             07-May-03  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: SX

influx

ok..I have a new one...CPU jumps.

Im running a project right now with about 20 audio tracks, and 4 midi tracks running VSTI (one instance each of junglist, oddity, triangle and A1)

not running that many host-based plugs (a couple instances of opcode fusion filter and some other VERY small ones. The rest are on the UAD-1)

when I open the project fresh, the CPU starts at about 15%..then about6 measures in it jumps up to 45% with spikes up to 80!

the WinXP perf meter shows the CPU go from zero to 50% just from OPENING cubase with this project open and then jumps up to 90-100%

super slow redraws, crackles, everything

and up til now I was in perfect shape! I havent changed anything either!

Disk stuff in SX is set to 8 buffers at 64k, running 24bit with 5.8ms latency

crikey. wtf!

Message 38/51             08-May-03  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: SX

psylichon

Dude, that's pretty low latency for that amount of work. How fast is your system? My 1800 couldn't handle that with those buffers. Why not go up to 50-100 ms if you're on to the finishing stage. You're not playing softsynths in realtime anymore, right?

psy

Message 39/51             08-May-03  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: SX

influx

dunno holmes. Ive had a few other projects with similiar track loads etc and the meter would run at about 30%

but youre right..not playin live VSTi.

it really seems like its THIS project causing it...I was afraid the dreaded SX mystery was rearing...

Message 40/51             08-May-03  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: SX

psylichon

weren't peeps having difficulties with certain plugins going nuts on the CPU for no reason? Anything new or different, plugin-wise, in this session compared to usual?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)