aaa So, there's no proof? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: So, there's no proof?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 14-Mar-03  @  04:56 AM   -   So, there's no proof?

Martin S.

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://www.news4colorado.com/Global/story.asp?S=1178349

Satan Inside (TM)

So much for the liberals who say there's no proof of terrorist links...lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/53             17-Mar-03  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

errata

Link?:  No link

just learned this

Iraq starting selling oil in Euro's instead of dollars in 1997. The world trades oil on the dollar. If Iraq sells oil on the Euro the value of the dollar declines. Venezuella is considering the same thing. Syria already started selling on the Euro... If the world shifts to the Euro as the Oil trading standard the HUGE US international debt margin (somehting like 4 trillion) dollars will be called in. You see we borrow against the value of the dollar in the oil market to pay for a LOT of what we do.

So, we go to war in Iraq and prevent one of the largest oil stockpiles from selling on the Euro or we let it happen, and more countries follow suit (it's good business to go with a stronger monetary unit with less implied debt) and the US sinks into the greatest economic depression it's ever seen!

Now, with this knowledge do you think more or less Americans would support the war?

I think it would be more... which in my mind is a direct indictment of the American people and their government!

e

Message 32/53             17-Mar-03  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

nobody

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Solution, of course, is non-existent. Or is it?

Who really believes that humans have the potential, in their current state, to rise above all this pettiness?

First thing that needs to happen, I'd say, is people need to utterly rid themselves of any reactionary tendencies.

It's like there's two halves to anyone's mind: Reactionary, and Analytical. They may be at constant odds, one might be dominant, one might be non-existent in you. It's not an absolute, this, but it's a fairly workable way of looking at the human brain/mind/whathaveyou. So, you can simply extinguish reactive tendencies, which, if you're alert enough, you can spot in yourself when they come up, or you can succumb to the stupidity, the epic fucking fog...

Or, as I've always spouted, simply KILL ALL HUMANS. The planet, the animals, the plants, fungi, bacteria, don't need humans around. Or you can just go to the sidelines and watch as humans spiral downward, as they are now. Sure, the arts are flourishing, but don't they often, in times of widespread distress??? Seems to me they do. All the bullshit sort of acts as fuel for creativity, or whatever you want to call it.

America is blindly, boldly, leading the way toward worldwide hypocrisy. I reckon.

Everyone get some flag stickers! Everyone get a flag-patterned air freshener for your transport! Everyone buy "food" at McDonald's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack In the Box, support General Mills, Post, because ALL THESE COMPANIES CARE ABOUT YOU!!!!!

Note the obvious bouts of cynicism.

Shit, I'm all out for now. Coffee is tasting kinda overbrewed, and my film developer is ready to go. So I'm going to process this roll of film made in Hralc Kralove, in Ye Olde Czech Republic. Fuck a KODAK. How about some Black & White? Image of some fucking waste next to a stream. Hooray for rubber and plastic...

Message 33/53             17-Mar-03  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

errata

I DO THINK that people have the capacity to rise above it. Do I think they will tap that capacity? Well, I hate to be a cynic, but...

The art's really aren't flourishing. There are lots of artists, but I would say it is not with a flourish! sigh In fact here in the states Arts are under heavy attack from all angles now!

Ah well, it is wall a reflection of my mind. Right? Damned absoluteists!

e

Message 34/53             17-Mar-03  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

nobody

Yeah, I'll grant you that. Capacity, yes. Desire and willingess, no.

They are stuck in the fog. Yes??

Message 35/53             17-Mar-03  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

Martin S.

Great, yet another environmentalist.

The war is not JUST about oil.

Don't forget the freedom that the Iraqi people will enjoy...amazing how much the liberals are quiet over the success afghanistan. The oppressive islamic yoke is thrown off of women and they have the freedom to live a life of choice rather than a forced, male decided burden.

Message 36/53             17-Mar-03  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

"Don't forget the freedom that the Iraqi people will enjoy..."

Message 37/53             17-Mar-03  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

Maarten

"Don't forget the freedom that the Iraqi people will enjoy...amazing how much the liberals are quiet over the success afghanistan. The oppressive islamic yoke is thrown off of women and they have the freedom to live a life of choice rather than a forced, male decided burden."

Excuse me.. you do know that this only counts for the kabul do you? Most tribes around the country have not changed on that point..

Message 38/53             17-Mar-03  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

errata

hmmm, yeah... huge fuggin' success in Afghanistan... we only killed 3000-3500 civilians in the 6 weeks of bombing there. We only liberated the city of Kabul, throughout the rest of Afghanistan life hasn't gotten any better... In fact in many provinces it has gotten worse.

And now the population of Kabul must live in constant fear of street gun battles, and car bombings.

Funny how people who blindly support death and destruction so often site illusory positives in their quest to dominate and destroy others.

Again!::: The US Military expects around 100,000 civilian deaths in Iraq! Roughly 60% of the Iraqi population is under the age of 16!!! SO, that's 50,000 children you heartless, unthinking As+hole.

AMERICA WILL KILL 50,000 CHILDREN BY THE END OF SPRING! (by it's own estimates, which are likely to be low.) If you don't care about that, just fuggin' say so!

e

Message 39/53             18-Mar-03  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

influx

Martin S for president!

oh wait. Dubya

Message 40/53             18-Mar-03  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: So, there's no proof?

Pongoid

well, before you get all kinds of gung-ho about that one...we kill the same amount of people here EVERY YEAR WITH ALCOHOL...DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!!

I'm not saying that this shit in the middle east is cool at all, just that it's not the only thing folks need to be paying attention to or distracted by at the moment.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)