aaa Pay attention we're everywhere - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Pay attention we're everywhere

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 20-May-03  @  12:32 AM     Edit: 20-May-03  |  12:34 AM   -   Pay attention we're everywhere

Mick

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

That's my bike (what's left of it) wedged so tight beneath that truck that when he pulled back into his lane he dragged my bike with him. This is what happens when a driver doesn't pay attention. I was no more than 30 feet in front of him when he proceeded to make a left hand turn across my lane. My bike is a total loss because someone wasn't keeping their eyes on the road. I limped away from it with a few injuries (so far) and hopefully only a week or so layed up but it could have been different in so many ways. Pay attention folks because motorcyclists are everywhere and, for the motorcyclist, there is no such thing as a minor accident.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/70             21-May-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

more bloody road rage this morning!! some old giffer had pulled up so close to the kerb i hit his wingmirror, he then tryed to have a go at me....suffice to say i might start using the middle of the road rather than the edge....less dangerous...

Greg

Message 32/70             21-May-03  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

sox

Link?:  Link

They did a 3 year study in France with dope and driving. Their results suggest that dope makes you a better driver. More cautious about the road, less in a hurry. Makes sense to me.
I drive stoned as well all the time and I definitely drive more cautiously than I do when straight.

sox

Message 33/70             21-May-03  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

Maarten

Link?: Link

err.. no way, well- this doesn't apply to me though. What does def. apply to me is the fact that my brain is calm yet very active after other types drugs have worn out and I'm driving home in the early morning. Heck, I sometimes even take the longer route listening to the music & smoking a cigg really enjoy driving then... and I can hounestly say I'm a much better driver at those times than when having a full night-out sober.

Message 34/70             21-May-03  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

i had to delete the lids pic cos it was fcking up the thread width -dont you have a graphic's prog to resize pic's ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 35/70             21-May-03  @  01:22 PM     Edit: 21-May-03  |  01:46 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

heh check it out! - the awesome power of the kwak triple!! - that's on a STANDARD 750 crank!, but with a locking clutch - those kwaks are fucking bulletproof evil bastards

kwak bike run in the 7's ('98)

(2mb)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 36/70             21-May-03  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

milan

hwy kilo, what kinda screen res are you running? i take that majority of users are way past the 800x600 limit. that pic looked just fine on my 1280x1024 res.

just a thought...

Message 37/70             21-May-03  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

card drivers man - I was in covent garden one day, waiting at a junction, (you know who small the roads are in CGarden, narrow little streets) and this twat tries to pull alongside me to the 'Give-Way' line rather than wait 6 ft behind me until I pull out, and as he pulls alongside, he runs over my FOOT! - His Jag front wheel comes to rest on my right foot... I'm like "yeeeaaaaarggghh!!!!"... so a pummelled his bonnet repeatedly & caved it in with my fist... heh heh - That HAD to hurt!

Then of course you have the dreaded VOLVO driver - as the old biker joke goes - "Volvo are changing their name to VULVA, cos only cunt's drive 'em!"

Message 38/70             21-May-03  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

like most people mate I'm on 1024 x 768.

Message 39/70             21-May-03  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

nice lump!

Message 40/70             21-May-03  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Pay attention we're everywhere

99devils

I can never own a bike. I will die if I do.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 70 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)