aaa non-sub bass for sub bass - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: non-sub bass for sub bass

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 17-Feb-04  @  04:49 AM   -   non-sub bass for sub bass

brad

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

well the subject line just says it all doesn't it?

Naw it's simple- what do you guys do add an "audible" tone to your standard heavy air-pushing, subby jungle sinewave type bassline?

I have an existing subbass patch that you can *feel* very well on a well-powered system but I want people w/ lesser systems/headphones/laptop speakers to be able to *hear* it. It's also a little muddy in the mix but I think I need to roll-off the real low part that's just wasting energy (around 60-70 kHz?)

I know what I'd do but I'd like other opinions/solutions, please.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/41             01-Jun-07  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

Link?: Link

I've taken measures of the room, i'll have my missus draw it tonight (it'll be prettier that way   )

Ok, see what you mean about those switches, then it's no use cutting with the low end EQ either, wich is set at 80 Hz. I sequence with the xbase and my special technique wich i call "digital randomnization" wich consist of pressing keys with fingers in a numbskull fashion.

Message 32/41             02-Jun-07  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

k

here's that corner bass trap thing:

page link with more:
http://www.bobgolds.com/TrapHarder/home.htm

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/41             02-Jun-07  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

File?:  [image]

[image file]

well, here's a quick map i did (ugly, i know). Of course , angles are all a lot smoother than that, it's all rounded plaster (it's an oldish building). The double room hole opens on our bed room, wich is bigger (about 2' more on the width and 2 more on the lenght) All walls, exept the 10' one (wich is cement), are covered with shelves and books

Those bass traps you show k, they seem to take on a lot of space. It's already prety crammed in here

Message 34/41             03-Jun-07  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

k

so where do you sit/work/mix and where the gear and furniture etc? yeah it's not much space agreed, are the walls solid or plasterboard cavity etc? agreed, there's not alot of scope/space

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 35/41             03-Jun-07  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

[image file]

Doh !!

i'll put some pictures up

Message 36/41             03-Jun-07  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

[image file]

one view

Message 37/41             03-Jun-07  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

[image file]

since were here, check La parole est a Jupiter in my tracks list. I know, wrong forum

Message 38/41             03-Jun-07  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

k

so behind that curtain is some sort of double wooden door?

Message 39/41             03-Jun-07  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

nutoniom

Nope, it's just heavy curtains, no doors

Message 40/41             04-Jun-07  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: non-sub bass for sub bass

k

oh i see, well thats ok cos you have a center hole i spose. tough one eh especialy as your speakers are kinda in the corners. i'd get rid of the bookshelf where it is, clear out both L/R sides , put the speakers on stands in front of the curtain, standing VERTICAL not as they are, sideways with the tweeters inside giving poor stereo image (if sideways at all tweeters should be outside cos they are directional and bass isnt) then add a couple of acoustic panels to the walls L/R of the mix area to break up reflections from sidewalls. I think you should get busy with some wood and make a proper work bench too to go across the room width in front of curtains then you'd have more space for the atari screens etc and as i say the speakers on stands, higher than they are now and vertical alignment

Also now the speakers are perched on a flimsy pile of books ffs!!!... arg! use a pile of bricks, or something else solid.... but stands, yes, mmmm... i can see it now

also perhaps remove the door and replace it so it opens out into the hall instead? you'd have more space in the room without the door intrusion

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)