aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/51             26-Jul-05  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

blu ....i always appreciate our differences but that's what they basically are.
were we trying to do a toothpaste commercial or "the new black" (?) i'd be all ears
but we're not.
your whole esthetic (and unfortunately now andrew's too) has basically been about trying to polish your tracks so much...now to the point that any raw idea which might've existed at one time is totally blindsided by the bright shimmering reflection of pure businessman values....if not yours then of your label's.....and i just find all that stuff to be genuinely boring at some point.
and no.....i'm not trying to be clever here.....just honest.

i've done music for a lot of different reasons...and for different ones than you
but when when i do some stuff which you deem as amateur
and people e-mail me and tell me they'd love to see us open for the likes of skinny puppy or whatnot....and they simply get the faact that all music can't be a glittery seaside bar of shiny britney lookalikes running down the docks all day...nor should it be....it makes me smile.
as did the dj out in the mountains this weekend playing anywhere everywhere twice because he likes it so much.....in spite of the mix....and we all circle round and play native drums til we're exhausted and amazed at how chaos and rhythm and joy are so intertwined....the simple realization that you CAN'T CAN your emotion and soul and ideas and package them into a
tasty fizzy-drink.

part of this is about roughness...the very act of discovering something in the raw.
less of it is about "technique-ing" it into something which everyone will be sure to like.
i've been working a much more laidback groovy clubbish mix...

but for much different reasons than "not sounding amateur"......i'll defintely keep it amateur or at least if it ends-up sounding "somewhat professional" i'd like to retain a part of it which has that "amateur's heart".
i don't mind being considered an idiot by those who's skills-management priorities have precluded their ability to provide viable expression in their art.

i just happen to like different sounds and modes and occasionally sounding like the ooze which connects us all though we can't recognize it because we prefer the safety of the radio dial or
get that girlie.....
sure...shimmery hands in the air all night is something which connects us too but it's something we long ago recognized and for some of us have found it beginning to grow a wee stale though an occasional deep dish show can still motivate.
personally i think technology and professionalism have come a long way towards killing music...so...i think that kind of says it for me.
i might also say the lack of genuine ideas but i'll definitely give the mixes further consideration as we are far from having anything done to the point of going to press.
we're just kind of sharing as we go.
but as always......definitely thanks for the listen and for posting what you believe to be our lesser-qualities.

mcc>

Message 32/51             28-Jul-05  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Link?: Link

Sacred Potluck's:

Ahhhahahaha What an opening my man!
I was laways big fan of the gentleness versus brutality concept, and this one absolutely shines at it. Abstract,beats with these glowing sounds and.. yeah these vocals makes me shiver all around.

Sonically it is so interesting and exciting that I haven't even bothered to understand the lyrics for the first listen. This is a gem, a small wonder I have no words to describe.

Message 33/51             28-Jul-05  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Influx

I cant believe I just read all that. Clay, acidic as ever, but I kinda have to agree

especially with this

"personally i think technology and professionalism have come a long way towards killing music...so...i think that kind of says it for me."

too much trickery, too much worry about clean sound, etc...too much production, not enough heart?

I didnt listen to the tracks, no audio right now, but hell...I like it when someone is excited about something theyre doing simply for the discovery of it

Message 34/51             29-Jul-05  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

good to hear it from you guys.....rags..as always you know....big thanks for getting it man.
it's kinda like 50 years later no one knows the words for louie louie......and do we really give a fuck?
i could print the words and you'd still not know exactly what sacred's potluck was about.
but let me know if you figure it out.....cause i sure the hell don't.

influx....thanks for appreciating my words of explanation for what they are.
shit's worth talking about sometimes and for me music is always one of them.
taking risks and breaking out of all of these formulas and prescriptions as to what the human ear and soul yearns for.....that's always been a big part of who i am and what i do.
i will make mistakes.......but one of those won't be sitting quietly in the corner pretending i don't exist....or that they don't exist.
because we all exist.
i'm incapable of lurking. i'm either in or out and even though i told myself i wouldn't come down and blare my lonely horn again in this desolate place.....i just couldn't drop the music and say....erm....or not say a word cause that just ain't me.

one thing i do feel a need to say though is this.....that i think blu, to this day, is perhaps the best-sport when it comes to waging opinions and being a gentleman about it...be it about music or politics or whatever. the fact that he intends to enjoy life on his own level and not allow my opinion of him or vice versa get in the way of doing so. whatever honest differences we may have...i've always considered him a right top heavyweight when it comes to not letting anything detract from his buoyancy and zest for life. and that's saying something.
them bagpipes i'd be hearin.....oh lovely they be.

mcc>

Message 35/51             01-Aug-05  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

nutoniom

omg, what's this !!

i love you dude, this is awesome.

i'ts not on the disc you sent now is it ? i know i'm an asshole, haven't listen to all of them, my phones are permanently busted, and i need my closed space to really appreciate music to it's utmost.

my respect to jen, that's one involved performance, kind of freaky. nice

Message 36/51             01-Aug-05  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

OMO

As I've been having a bit of a verbal set to with you Clay, I thought I'd better go and listen to some of your stuff, not to pick it to bits, but just to find out what sort of thing you're doing.

Wft! Priestess is just plain strange, very well done, but odd. I suppose it's just not my cup of tea. Sacred's potluck on the other hand, well! I find it strangely entrancing, that vocal is incredible. Perhaps what Signalrunners said is right, it does need tidying up, but hell, it's a raw song isn't it? Plenty of time to sort out the production later on. It's got spontaniety, and I like that. Well done

Message 37/51             02-Aug-05  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks for your ever-loving enthusiasm JF!
and for finding the time to listen amidst the chaos you're experiencing.
those discs are good for a number of years so no hurry......but you can only live in a war-zone so long before it does something to you....so tend to that mess!!!!!

OMO...thanks for the review/props/suggestions......and might i suggest repeated listens?!
even though we're placing greater focus on phrasing and intonation of our next songs.....
which will be surprisingly coherent and "neatly" arranged...including actual verse and chorus.....
i'm suspecting a deep affinity on my part towards the quicksand-like gooey sloppy nature of scared's potluck.
i know the girls are seriously okay with it....so we're glad you could dig the entrancing, spontaneous aspect enough to let go some of the need for perfection which seems to spoil so many a good thing.
like a good swim in some quicksand.
a perfect war in iraq.....our planet warming up just perfectly...etc.
mmmm...tele-tubbies.....tele-tsunami...tele-famine...tele-relief.....tele-something.....
......again>>>thankS guyS!

Message 38/51             05-Aug-05  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

Link?:  Link

spent some time listening to tracks tonight for the first time in a while with some mates, and that Priestess track is pretty hardcore

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 39/51             06-Aug-05  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks k......yeah...it does have a little bit of spirit to it.
i'm really glad you enjoyed it!!!

Message 40/51             29-Aug-05  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

please check this new track!

>back 2 oNe!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)