aaa footie corner - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: footie corner

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 02-Jun-10  @  07:41 PM     Edit: 02-Jun-10  |  07:42 PM   -   footie corner

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ha!

it's a sad day in hell when an american is the first to put up the footie corner in anticipation of the
world cup.

germany has a hurdle right off with the loss of Michael Ballack. that seems to be the
common thinking. i think they'll do well though. i was happy to see there are 5 players from
Bayern München on the team.

i had a dream last night that my dad asked me who was going to win the world cup and i told
him italy. don't bet on it though. 2 weeks ago i had a dream milla jovovich seduced me and we
had unbridled sex. i'm still waiting. she probably wrote my address down wrong so don't be
surprised if the italian team doesn't find the stadium.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/82             16-Jun-10  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: footie corner

damballah

Link?: Link

...still nobody will have scored.

nobody... as in "kill all humans" nobody? he plays footie?

Message 32/82             16-Jun-10  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

damballah wrote:

...still nobody will have scored.

nobody... as in kill all humans nobody? he plays footie?

src=images/cool.gif>

LOL. that wouldn't surprise me.

wow. the goal switzerland just scored against spain actually looked a bit like american football.
bodies on the ground and someone's head bleeding. we finally have a game!

Message 33/82             17-Jun-10  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: footie corner

Jock Munro

Well so far it hasnt exactly been an entertaining world cup. Theres only been two occasions for me, Germany thrashing the Aussies and last nights Uruguay v South Africa match. It was pure bliss to hear those fucking vuvuzelas being silenced as their keeper got sent off and Uruguay went 2-0 up.

Message 34/82             17-Jun-10  @  04:09 PM     Edit: 17-Jun-10  |  08:30 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Jock Munro wrote:

Well so far it hasnt exactly been an entertaining
world cup. Theres only been two occasions for me, Germany thrashing the Aussies and last
nights Uruguay v South Africa match. It was pure bliss to hear those fucking vuvuzelas being
silenced as their keeper got sent off and Uruguay went 2-0 up.

i have to say I enjoyed watching Switzerland beat Spain. these vuvuzelas are the most annoying
things. all game long, every game. yesterday i walked past a hornets nest and a world cup
game broke out.

i'm enjoying the world cup so much i'm going to recommend that there be 11 players per team
in hockey games.

Message 35/82             17-Jun-10  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

damn that striker for mexico in this mexico vs. france game was definitely offsides before the pass
came and he scored.

Message 36/82             19-Jun-10  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i can understand that coming up with things to say during the entire course of a game has got to
be a challenge for announcers. still, i'm watching Cameroon vs. Denmark. at about 27 minutes into
the game with Cameroon leading 1-0 was it really necessary for one of the announcers to say,
"that's the beautiful thing about this game. it's not over until the final whistle is blown." i guess that
statement could be taken as taking a jab at golf and tennis since whistles aren't used in golf and
tennis but it probably wasn't. pretty much no game is over until the final whistle is blown and when
it was 1-0 there was almost the entire game yet to be played. had it been 20-1 i could see the
announcer making his statement in an attempt to keep people tuned in.

there was a thread a year or two ago about the dumb things sport announcers, coaches, and
players say but i couldn't find it.

"what's your strategy going to be today?"

"if we're going to win this game we have to put some points on the board and keep them from
putting points on the board. if we can do that we'll have a pretty good chance of coming away with
a win today."

no wonder a newcomer who heard that question/answer will at some point say, "i don't understand
this game". of course he doesn't. the game's 1/2 over and he's still trying to figure out how a team
that puts points on the board and doesn't allow the other team to put points on the board could
possibly lose. still, we love our sports.

or there's this one. score: 1-1.

announcer 1: "oooooooh the ball went off the post! that was almost a goal! that was a missed
opportunity there."

announcer 2: "you're absolutely right. if that one had gone in we'd be looking at a 2 to 1 game right
now."

it's enough to make me want them to turn the vuvuzelas up.

Message 37/82             20-Jun-10  @  12:32 PM     Edit: 20-Jun-10  |  12:43 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i'd be all for x-treme soccer and here's what it would look like. players are allowed to do anything
seen on the three stooges. for example, pulling out a yellow card might result in the referee
getting a pie in the face, unless he ducks in which case the pie might hit a manager on the
sideline, a stiker, or even a goalkeeper. nobody would be immune and there are almost endless
possibilities.

announcer: "oh! and the slovakian goalkeeper just did a "see this?" "yeah" "look out for that" on
paraguay's striker."

Message 38/82             21-Jun-10  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

world cup soccer wisdom of the day

3 college u.s. students invented a soccer ball that generates energy when played with. there is a
magnet that moves about inside the ball as it rolls and other components. it's waterproof and has a
small socket in which you can plug in a d.c. converter. it's called the socket. they plan on getting
these balls to African kids living in impoverished areas for starters. i think that was a brilliant idea.
the ball can power lights and what not.

i think fifa should start using the ball. here's how the announcers would respond:

"you can just feel the electricity on the field"

"mueller has the ball and he's bolting for the goal"

"as with any match, we've seen both positives and negatives here today"

"if you're new to the game you might be wondering why the ball is still sitting in the back of the goal.
it's known as charging the net"

"there are currently two balls on the field" "yup. they're playing with a lot of energy today"

"as we get a closeup up of the ball you see that logo there." "yes. it's a nice plug for Adidas
wouldn't you say?"

"and don't forget to go to our website at the end of the match and volt for the player of the game"

"the american is expected to feel at home and play well here. he normally plays for his nation's
capital, D.C. united"

"didn't that score looked effortless?" "yeah he sure made it look A.C."

"well, shock another win up for the brazilian team"

"under 5 minutes left in the game. it's coming right down to the wire!"

Message 39/82             23-Jun-10  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

The U.S. fans and players have been whining about the call that negated what would have been the
3rd goal against Slovakia. I didn't hear them complaining when Green scored their only goal for them
against England.

Message 40/82             24-Jun-10  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

well the usa are thru arent they? so no complaining

hehe england v germany for us.... you just know the redtops will have endless pictures of towels, sunbeds and spitfires, lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)